way off topic metal work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
My bro down in FLA is major scuba dude, and takes me out when I go to visit. Lately he has gotten into something called a re-breather. He sent me his old plastic backplate and wanted something cool out of aluminum. I scrounged around in my scrap metal pile until I found some aluminum with out road signs on the other side. The bottom foot turned out to be a cast aluminum chunk, but I was already into it when I found out it was going to be a chore to weld. At any raate this is the finished re-breather back plate.
backplate2.jpg

backplate.jpg

Rebreather?

Bonehead,
Kool, is a re-breather one of those units that doesn't release bubbles?

BoB

Bonehead,
Kool, is a re-breather one of those units that doesn't release bubbles?
BoB
That is exactly what it is, lots of extra down time with that set up too.

As usual, another neat Bonehead piece. Now the other scuba guys are going to want one of those. Nice touch with the shark.
They are already asking about it. But I had a hard time with that one, and I hate the looks of the lower weld, so I am holding off on making any others for now.

Thats cool Bonehead. That cast stuff (depending on what it is) can be a real problem. I see you powered through though.:D
I can run the TIG okay, but aluminum is not as easy for me as everything else. ( I need more practice) Then on top of that, the cast aluminum had quite a bit of porosity, which was hard to work with. (such a whiner)

love that shark man!,i think that a rebreither is supose to clean use the air that you exhale so you can reuse it and stay down longer[i think]
I love shark week on the disc channle!

Latest posts

Back