Motorized bicycle... yes, I lost my mind again!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Yes, I guess I've lost it... again!!! I ordered a motorized bicycle yesterday from Spooky Tooth Cycles. Black... of course. I also plan to build a modern "board tracker" with one of these new 80cc motors. 150mpg... gotta love it!!!

motobike.jpg

Here's a link to Spooky Tooth...

Spooky Tooth Cycles

Another well known member should build one too & I'm sure it'll be awesome! After multiple PM's with said person I decided to have the current Board Tracker contest! That's all I need... a new hobby but it's a *lot* cheaper for sure!!! :D:D:D

BoB

I just built one of these for a friend of mine. He has had his for a few weeks now and rides it everyday and says its the coolest thing he has ever rode on 2 wheels.
Make sure to replace as much of the Chinese hardware as possible, lube the cables and get a few extra parts from the folks your buying the bike from like:
spark plug
gas tank valve(petcock) and gasket
gasket at carb fuel line fitting
exhaust gasket x2
intake gasket x2

Started looking around, and found this:
http://motorbicycling.com/

Can you believe it? seems there is a forum for everything now. Good pictures here.

Bonehead,
Yeah... I love that forum. Do a search for board track. There are some nice ones & that's where I found several of the fotos I posted in the contest. It appears there *is* a forum for everything!!! :D:D:D

What are the laws on riding one of those bikes Bob? Do they treat them like a motorcycle or a bicycle? How fast do they go?

Don,
In most states they're exempt from registration if they are under 50cc's so most motors are 49cc's & they tpically go 30-35mph. I also got an ungraded brake kit! Don't think I'll be goin' that fast but 20mph or so should be kool!

Canterbury,
Thanks for the tips, I'll get the spares as u suggested!

BoB

Me too!

I want one too! Like Tripper said, just what I need, another new hobby!

ISore

Update!

Just a lil update on the bike! Been breaking that monster motor (80cc... big block :D) and decided to brave a trip over to one of our offices about 14-15 miles away. Bike ran great & I made it within 5-10 min of what it usually takes in my car. All the time I'm thinkin'... hey OPEC... up yours!!! I've been ridin' it around my neighborhood & when I see people I know... they say they're not surprised I have one & people stop me where ever I go & ask about it. Now I gotta spray it flat black, get it pinstriped & maybe con the Bonehead into makin' me a board tracker gas tank! Sweet!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back