Viva Le Fiberglass

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groucho

Banned
This is a 32 i'm building. It's a Rod Bods body by Elvis. It's from Australia, and it's the only 'glass body i've seen that's channeled. It also has drip rails, exposed hinges, and a working cowl vent, so it mimics a steel body quite well. Anyway, 40 Lincoln brakes, 389 Pontiac/T-10 4 speed, Lime green flake, Radirs/cheaters are for the 60's Show/Drag flavor. I hope to be doing burnouts in about 3 weeks, sans interior and some other details

dsc00224bq8.jpg

dsc00248gr0.jpg

dsc00277ag1.jpg

dsc00278ro8.jpg

Last edited:
Just Too Cool

The rod is really coming along. I love the color and choice of motor. Now I'm gonna have to drive down to Bob's Big Boy when you get it done. :D:D:D

I've heard of the Elvis bodies before, and all the comments were very favorable. Did it require much prep to get it that straight? Some bodies, even the more well known ones, seem to need lots of work to get them that good. Yours is really sharp.

Don

I think the guy scratched it with a 36 block, filled a few minor "lows" with filler, and put it in 1st prime in 8 hours. A little blocking, a little fiddle f*&king, and he started the painting process. Pretty good i think. Imagine even the nicest 75 year old steel body would probably take 20 times that in patches, MONEY, and prep. I'm a big fan of 'glass bodies. I'll be in this thing DONE for slightly more than just a bare old body. Plus this one's channeled, exposed hinges, and working cowl vent. So, it won't look like a typical smoothed 'glass body. Also, it's got steel EVERYWHERE glassed into it
I've heard of the Elvis bodies before, and all the comments were very favorable. Did it require much prep to get it that straight? Some bodies, even the more well known ones, seem to need lots of work to get them that good. Yours is really sharp.

Don

I've been wathcing this build on the hamb. A very nice, well styled car indeed. I wish my glass 32 had exposed hinges and a cowl vent that but it doesn't.

Love it!!!!!!!!!!

I have been way into this car from the get go. I didnt realy even know it was glass. I love the hinges, vent and exspeciially the color.
Jim

that's nice

I noticed the hydraulic clutch set up - the master cylinder looks like one I saw on a '62 Chevy truck, and I noticed the slave works with the stock clutch fork. Can you shed some light on the subject?

440shorty

Color choice is awesome!

i have a couple of those dual cylinders too. i was told they are from '60s chevy trucks. i need to rebuild them so i should probably go and try to find out what years they are.

Latest posts

Back