Newport, Ky Car Show. Aug 24th

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebstew

Sunday, August, 24 2008
The city of Newport is bringing back the car show to downtown. Monmouth St. will be filled with cars. The stores will be open and setting up shop on the sidewalks. Mom & pop stores, restaurant and taverns with your favorite ice cold drink will be open on every block.
Hosted by The Scroungers Car Club and sponsors such as Summit Racing, KOI and more you know this will be a great show.
More details as I get them....

The City of Newport, Ky and The Scroungers Car Club Presents
The Newport Car Show
Oldies 1160 WDJO will be broadcasting live the day of the show.
Thanks to Northern Kentucky Water Dist/ for the free bottles of water that will be handed out on the day of the show. Also Summit Racing Equipment, KOI, Cash Express and all the mom and pop shops that are helping out.
Scroungers CC will be giving out $50.00 for a long haul award. It's not much but it will help to pay for a little gas that you may use.
Dash plaques to the first 50 cars. Lots of tropies and door prizes will be given out.
Almost all the stores that are closed on Sunday's will open and have stuff outside. All kinds of food, Taverns will be open if you choose to have a cold one. All types of mom and pop stores with anything and everything you can think of will be open for you to browse through. This is a family event. Bring the wife and kids. We are still working on a lot of stuff but there will be plenty to do. More on the show as I get it..
jalopy-1.jpg

$50.00 for the long haul award.

Lot's of door prizes.

Dash plaques to the first 50

Trophies
Best of show

Best Chevy
Best Ford
Best Mopar
Best Muscle Car
Best Hot Rod
Best Motorcycle
Best Paint
Best Engine
Best Import
Best Interior
Best Original
Best Unfinished
Best Club Participation
Ladies Choice
Mayors Choice

Plaques for
*Best Participation of a Fire Department
*Best Participation of a Police Department

Top 30

I've had a few worried about the weather. I just looked at The Weather Channel site and it's only showing rain on Sunday but only 30% down from the 40% when I looked at it a few days ago. By Sunday it may even have less of a chance.
If 30% is all we have to worry about I'd say we will be fine. Don't miss this show, it should be a great time for all..All summer people have stayed home because of the fear of rain at some of the shows I've been to and it never rained. Get out and have a blast. Summer will be ending before you know it and you will be sitting in the house with the heat on wishing it was summer again. Get out and have some fun..

Sunday

86°F

Precip
30%

Wind: W 8 mph
Max. Humidity: 67%
UV Index: 7 High

Sunrise: 7:00 AM ET
Avg. High: 84°F
Record High: 96°F (1959)

Latest posts

Back