Plasma cutters...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawg

Just wondering if anyone has an online source for Hypertherm? Just looking to check prices really. (ya gotta keep the dealers honest) Anyway, I checked out a new 45 series the other day, and I think I'm sold, if the price is right...

I use the hypertherm 30 and it cuts metal well.Its not mine,I borrow it from where I work. I dont see any pricing for the 45.I would be interested in the 45 also if its not real pricey.

I really didnt even know that hypertherm had a new model out.I know that the 30 will need a 20 amp breaker to run it or it will keep trippen a smaller one,Also a good compresser is needed to keep it up to par.

I checked on cyberweld last week and did not see any hypertherm products listed.

Here is one price that I found. http://cgi.ebay.com/Hypertherm-Powe...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Last edited:
|I have a hyper therm 30 and i love it i put a plug on it for 220v and have never blown a breaker and iv cut up to a half inch and the new tips are cheap too

You might want to check this offer / company out.
The deal is real. I know someone who bought one and is very satisfied!

http://divtec1.startlogic.com/SalesPromotion/OwnerGoneBerzerkDeferredWarranty.html

This looks like one of those offshore units.Be leary about those.As consumsbles will be a hard to get as these units get replaced with newer and better stuff.Then you are stuck with a unit that you cant get any parts for.Personally I would not purchase something that has welding and cutting all in one unit.If one part of it dies .Then you are out.I like to have everything seperate.

We just set up a CNC Plasma in the shop. It has a Hyperthem 600 on it. It does a great job. The only problem is very short consumable life. In talking with several folks they are telling me that we need a special water filter. We have sevearl traps and 1 filter. They say it ain't enough. So we ordered the special filter. Should be here tomorrow. They are telling me 1 drop of water will kill the nozzle almost instantly.

Can anyone add to this?

I use a Hyperthem (150 amp) and cut 2" steel regulary...............also cut one inch aluminum.
I posted this picture before, we built this to cut 2" steel and aluminum.
100_2290.jpg

I have a trap on the compressor, and a trap at the outlet near the plasma, a "toliet paper" style filter and a water trap on the plasma cutter.

I have a trap on the compressor, and a trap at the outlet near the plasma, a "toliet paper" style filter and a water trap on the plasma cutter.
on the "output "side before the torch? didnt know one could be put there.im very interested in this now.any chance of some pics so i can get a better understanding of this modification?

No, not on the output side, attached to the back at the input side. The point is, plenty of chances to keep the water out of the system, because that is what kill them.

Latest posts

Back