Got a new TIG machine

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
Well really my dad got a new TIG machine for the shop for me, him and my brother. Now I can make all kinds of things that I couldn't or wouldn't use the MIG for. I haven't TIG welded for a while so I'll have to brush up and play with it before I start in on some of the projects I have in mind.

Here it is, a Miller Syncrowave 200.

We have exactly the same model, you are going to love it. Dan has only used it a few times because he needs lots of practice before he feels confident with his welding abilities on it. He also can't take the time to do that right now because it is just easier for him to keep migging stuff to get his RPU done.

What amazed me about that thing is how much it weighs. I bought it for Dan a few Xmas' ago (is there a theme here, your Dad bought yours too :D) and when the trucking company delivered it we used a forklift to get it off. Thing is sure well built.

The times Dan did use it I was surprised that they almost make no noise when welding, like an arc welder or mig welder makes. Also no splatter. Get ready to start filling up the bottle often though. In the little he has used it the tank is half gone, and we have the humongus one. It seems that tig uses a lot more than tigging, at least that is what we are finding.

This should be cool........the work coming out of your garage was always first rate anyway, now it should be even neater, if that is possible. :):)

Don

I've been known to TIG weld a bit...... you will enjoy that machine more than anything in your shop.

Practice, practice & practice some more...

A little hint... gent some "orange" tungston. It will let you run steel & aluminum without changing it.

Ratty 46

Too bad you don't live closer Paul, or you would be holding a tig class with a total student body of 2........Dan and I. :D When I told him about you being so good at it he said he wished he could spend some time with you to learn from you.

Don

Thanks Don. Donna & I are working on a 3 yr. plan to leave atlanta - I actually hate it hear. Fla. & TX. are in our thoughts right now......so don't give up....

Paul

Latest posts

Back