angle of the dangle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev Tex Devlle

He's workin' 4 da Lord, in a '46 Ford!
what is the correct way to determin the angles of pinion when the rear end is above the frame and the tail shaft of the trans is in the stock position?

Last edited:
Hmmm, I was ready to give you an answer, but then saw that you were talking about a TWO piece driveshaft, and I have no experience setting up one of those. If it were a ONE piece shaft you would aim the pinion on the rear end up about 3 degrees, and aim the tailshaft on the transmission down about 3 degrees,and call it good. But I don't know how you set up the first driveshaft in a two piece setup. It wouldn't matter if the rear was higher or lower than the output shaft of the transmission on a one piece shaft, you still shoot for about 3 degrees or so.

It will interesting to see what someone who knows tells us.

Don

I'm gonna assume the same rule would apply with a 2 piece driveshaft. The first section is just an extension of the tailshaft. I'm not sure in your application though, as most all my driveline experience is with off-road vehicles/trucks.

I would call Jesse @ High Angle Driveline in Northern California, they do mostly off-road stuff, but he is an expert and builds some awesome drivelines, I've had him build a couple for me, I'm sure he can help you.

Phone # is 530-877-2875 or go to his website- highangledriveline.com

I hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back