Ok..lets see if anyone can help...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coffinmaker

Banned
Alrighty then...Now I did finally buy a rear end BUT I am in need of several parts.Now I have been cruising the net and CAN NOT find what I am after.This is a 10 bolt chevy rear end.I need backing plates BUT I will be D A M N if I can find any.Hit about every site I could find but nuttin..Rock Auto...Auto Zone...Even tried Evilbay.Now my NEXT thing in line of my quest is......I remember buying a pair of these a LONG time ago for my Chevelle. The shock mounting plates that fit UNDER the spring perches...( I may be saying it wrong or using the wrong description..) I remember replacing them because both holes were rounded out so bad they couldnt be saved....Does this make sense..?I remember I had to buy new u-bolts for it too.Searched high and low BUT I really dont know what WORDING I should be typing in any of the search boxes.:mad:Ok..let me know if I am insane.

You will need to know what the rear end is out of and what year it is to get the proper parts. There should be an axle code on the front passenger's side axle tube consisting of 3 digits then about 4 or five digits afterwards. Example, CBG 1121 E. This will tell you what you have, thus making your search much easier...

drum brake parts from a s-10 should fit your 10-bolt if it's from a camaro/firebird. Lots of people swap camaro/firebird discs on s-10's(including me) and it's a direct bolt on. the plates you want could be used from a s-10 as well. I might even have a set of them and i should have the drum stuff lying around from my disc conversion if you can use it.

Latest posts

Back