what rear end to use

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

51 custom

whats up guy's new to the form. i have a 51 ford custom and the rear end took a s%#t . looking to find another 9'' to put in it. what other cars or truck
would work to use

Welcome. I dont know if you know this but you can just unbolt another center section from another ford 9" and bolt it right in.
They are all over. They came in cars, station wagons, trucks and probably other things.

ya its just i can't seem to find one. I hear it is really easy to find but yet i still have no 3rd member. thats why i was looking for a whole axle as well as a 3rd member what ever one i find. but thanks

Did the housing get damaged or just the gears and bearings? My rear end took a dump (snicker :eek:) once, but the housing and axles were still alright. Just had to get a different differential. Get one out of pretty much any 9" with the same spline count on the axle.

Try talking with some bomber racers or demo derby guys, one may have an original differential they removed from a 9" still lying around. They remove them and put mini-spools and lockers in - the originals are junk in their eyes.

Try this one:Ebay - Ford 9" spool

I have same ? as sam, what got damaged and what exactly do you need. Just talk to a racer guy .Racers,derby or drag guys have ,or either have a guy that can build rears & gears, like myself. We have all kinds of parts or know were to find them,and build em.

well i found a 74 comit 5 lug drum to drum for a 100 dollers 300 gears so i took it and now all i need is to chage my yokes on my drive line

Hey 51, thats a good deal! I'd be guessing width is 54"-56",should fit your car pretty well.Got any questions just ask.I do alot of work on 9" rearends & gears.

ya it fits no problem it is 51" rims bolt on brake line works just had to switch to a 1310 yoke and u joint and make a drive line.

Latest posts

Back