rims

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plymouth rat

hey folks, i got a 86 cutlass rear end with a 5 on 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern, i thought it should have been a 4 3/4 bolt pattern like all my other chevys i had, i have on it 14 inch rims but want to go with 15 inch rims, what kind of car will have 4 1/2 bolt pattern with 15 in rims. also note picture of chop, not much room in there..

Attachments

• DSCF0496.jpg
    DSCF0496.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 41
4.5 bp on a GM product seems unusual to me, but if you are sure....... I would consider buying new wheels from someone like Wheel Vintiques, or someone like that. That way you can get the exact offset you need and the cost isn't all that bad. I ordered two for the back of my Dodge, among others, and the cost is something like $ 60 per wheel, if I remember correctly. And, they are new, so no bent rim issues or rust to deal with.

Don

Usually when you measure bolt pattern you should measure center to center add a1/4". If it truley is a 4 1/2 pattern then find some old Ford or Dodge wheels but make sure to measure the center hole one brand is smaller than the other & won't fit. I'd double chek your measurments cuz that rearend should be 4 3/4 bolt pattern.

When I was looking for wheels for my coupester I looked through a pile of about 200 wheels to find four that matched. This helped cut the time down considerably.

The disc came from Eastwood, I supplied the bolts. I put the bolts in the pattern I was looking for and after that it was just a matter of dropping into the holes to make sure it was the correct pattern.

Attachments

• wheeldisc.jpg
    wheeldisc.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 16
Unless the axle flanges have been redrillded or the rear itself has ben swapped, the bolt circle is 4.75, not 4.5 on that Cutlass.

Unless you have one of those measurement disks such as cycledog posted, this is the proper way to measure. Note that on 5 lug wheel, the distance is NOT measured center to center on the holes........................

Last edited:
whoops, i measured wrong, i did center to center, it is 4 3/4 bp , thanks again to the RRR to come through. i will post some pics when i get my www on. thanks again guys...

When I was looking for wheels for my coupester I looked through a pile of about 200 wheels to find four that matched. This helped cut the time down considerably.

The disc came from Eastwood, I supplied the bolts. I put the bolts in the pattern I was looking for and after that it was just a matter of dropping into the holes to make sure it was the correct pattern.

Now that is one handy tool nice job.

Latest posts

Back