Road Glide or Street Glide??????????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boltbreaker

I'm gonna bite the bullet and buy another street bike. Been two years since I had one.
I am thinking about either a Harley Road Glide or a Street Glide. Used problably a couple years old.
Anyone have any negative experiences with either? I never had a Harley before.
BB

Mechanically they are virtually identical and priced about the same. Mostly a visual thing different wheels, fairing, etc. Probably will depend on what you can find used and the price.

I'm looking a FXDF Fat Bob right now. But a guy wants trade me my Chevelle for a Softail Custom. I'm so confused.:confused:

I found a 07 Road Glide with 1800 miles on it with python pipes, aftermarket seat, and upgraded wheels in the area. I am going to look at it on Friday night. Price seems very reasonable compared to the original list price and the upgrades.
Seller said he has always had Ulta's and wants to go back to a full touring bike.
It's snowing right now and I am itching to get a bike again:cool:

Last edited:
I don't think you will go wrong with any of the FLH line. It just depends on personal preference. I have an 01 Road King and love it for both around town riding and road trips. A few guys I know have bought dressers (geezer glides:D) in the past couple of years and say they will never go back. They love the comfort and accessories they offer.

I love the look of the streetglide. I have friends who ride roadglides and love them, they swear if I ever rode one I would buy one. It gets windy out here on the plains, and the frame mount fairing cuts right through the wind . My roadking classic looks almost like a streetglide right now, and I've been thinking about getting a newer (96 " 6 speed) dresser and am torn between the same 2 bikes you are......

PICT0450-1.jpg

I think if I can swing the extra cash I am going to try for a Road Glide. The Street glide looks better to me but I think I will like the bigger fairing and stretched out feel of the Road Glide. The Street Glide seems a little compact to me when sitting on it.
I had a 03 GoldWing for my last touring bike. It was nice but a little too quite and comfy for me. Not to mention I wanted to fund my 39 Ford:D, and I also had a "patriotic intervention" you might say:D
BB

I dont pay good money for chrome and the Road Glide dont come as a standard. Youll save around 4-5 grand buying an Electraglide standard. I put pipes and a radio in mine they come prewired for it.

I looked at a 2007 Road Glide last night and gave the guy a deposit to hold it until Monday when I pic it up.
I really liked it. Its only got 1992 miles on it. He put Python Pipes and a Corbin seat on it. The color is something different that I liked. It's a black pearl which is actually a deep grey with red and silver stripes.It also has profile laced wheels. I couldnt find a scratch on it.
I'm pretty pumped about it. I'll get some pics posted next week.
Thanks for your guys imput on your posts!!!!!

Last edited:
Very cool! Wished I could get mine, probably have till wait until spring.
Thanks Don.
I know it problably looks like every other Harley Glide out their but it is new to me. I use to be on crotch rockets when I was younger, and then Gold Wings. Now for a little American iron:cool:.
Until I can find a Lead Sled to build this will be my Lead sled.

I ride a '97 Ultra Classic, and I ride as long there isn't ice on the ground. Today would have been great, only we have a blizard front ontop of our area for now. I am building a rigid sled for around town as a hood hopper this winter, I get tired of toating all them bags everywhere.:eek:

Maximo

Got a call from my motorcycle buddies yesterday. They said what better way to start 2009 than a ride today (my 39 Ford isnt done yet:rolleyes:).
Wow was it cold. 19 degrees when I left but man was it nice to be on the Road Glide finally. Went to a neighboring towns watering hole and had some lunch.

19* that's cold!!! Bet it felt good to get out and ride though. I finally rode my Fat Bob FXDF on Tuesday. It was almost 50*. I'm really going to like it. It's sure different from my Sportster. Kind of like a small block Camero and a big block Chevelle.:D

Here it is 3 weeks into the new year and there are only a hand full of us numb ass hard core riders out on the raods still. It was 19* this morning coming into work, I finally got my new chaps the other day, so the cold on the legs is virtually nill.;) But the hands are always going to hurt, I have not found a comfortable cold weather riding glove yet.:(
I have at least another week of cold riding before it warms up and starts to dump snow all over the place again.:rolleyes:

Maximo
Numb to the core!

Latest posts

Back