Rat Shoes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

I am looking for advice on tire size. I am thinking 29in dia in front and maybe around 30 in the rear. PLEASE look at pic looking for advice. Thanks again CURT

Attachments

• 1950  ford 018.jpg
    1950 ford 018.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 210
BUSTEDKNUCKLE, Those sizes you mentioned seem pretty good. That would give you a very slight downward rake. It appears in the pic that all four tires are the same size right now and the truck sits approximately level front to rear. Personally , on a hot/rat rod, I prefer a bit more rubber rake. Something in the area of a 30 inch tall rear tire and a 27 inch front tire. I think as long as you don't put taller tires on the front than you do in the rear, you can't go wrong with that truck though. Very cool indeed.

Just don't do what i did and get the same width on all 4.my rat looks an indy car :( but that will be fixed soon.

Tires

The tire in the pic are my rollers, I am buying new Firestones 670-15 front and a 710-15 rear. Shoud have stated that in my first post. I am thinking that they will look to small in dia. I could go to a 16in wheel and tire combo. What do you all think? Thanks CURT

Personally I would prefer it (if it were mine) to be as low as possible. If it sits too low for you to comfortably drive on a daily basis, then I would recommend going to the 16's.
Just my pocket change....
Truck looks good the way it is....

First things first, sweet truck. I love it when you can mow the grass with them. I agree with the last coment and say lower is better. Then again, if your happy, the who the heck cares. Sweet truck...

I would look in to a smaller front tire as well. remember for every 1" difference in tire diameter front to rear, you get 1/2" of rake. so if you go with a 30 rear and a 27 front it's an inch and a half. I say go with a 30 rear with a 26 front for a nice rake. it is ultimately your truck and your liking. good luck.

Latest posts

Back