finally finished the install of the turbo on my new motor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboRoadster

wooot.
nallin performance fully prepped big bore, big valves, big assed cams blah blah blah, makes for rolling 2nd gear burnouts.
make sure you turn the sound way up when you watch the vid.:D
video HERE
turbo1.jpg
:D

Really cool!

Turbo,
That really rocks! Bet that bad boy will scare the pants off even the most seasoned rider. How much boost you running?

Rattler

10.5:1 compression and 8# boost = hang on tight:cool:
seriously did a wicked roll on second gear burnout yesterday, first time I really opened her up from a roll so I wouldnt tear the belt, it went into full boost by 3.5k rpms and ripped past my buddys bike and I was rolling smoke and boogying big time. he said it was a screaming jet on crack loud and when I shut it down , they heard the the blow off all the way back where they were:D
I really dig riding it, it rips to the top of the gear insanely quick and will blip to 120 smooth as glass and craploads of pull left.

Wow!!!

10.5:1 compression and 8# boost = hang on tight:cool:
seriously did a wicked roll on second gear burnout yesterday, first time I really opened her up from a roll so I wouldnt tear the belt, it went into full boost by 3.5k rpms and ripped past my buddys bike and I was rolling smoke and boogying big time. he said it was a screaming jet on crack loud and when I shut it down , they heard the the blow off all the way back where they were:D
I really dig riding it, it rips to the top of the gear insanely quick and will blip to 120 smooth as glass and craploads of pull left.

Turbobooster,
Dude, that must take some serious hangin' on skills! In the 70's my bud worked @ a Kawi dealer & I rode the 1st Kawasaki Mach III that came into Houston. Scariest thing I ever rode... 0-60 in less than 3 seconds & that thing hardly weighed anything. U had to lean way over the handle bars when u took off or it would just flip over backwards. At least u're Harley has some weight to it & I can only imagine what it's like ridin' that beast!!! SCAREY 4 sure!!! Great job!!! What did u're buddy's think?

Let's see a vid of u riding!!!

BoB

8lb. boost on a 2 banger.....
you might ought to be real smooth when you roll on the throttle.

I gotta ask, what is that torbo for? Is it made for a harley or did you graft it from a car or something?

Bike really looks Bada$$.....

8lb. boost on a 2 banger.....
you might ought to be real smooth when you roll on the throttle.

I gotta ask, what is that torbo for? Is it made for a harley or did you graft it from a car or something?

Bike really looks Bada$$.....
I built the whole kit in my garage, every flange everything, made right here. there is no kit on the market. This was the first late model xl ever boosted in the country, had to beat the ignition woes.
The turbo is a warner-ishi RHB-52, they came on late 70's model trans ams and such.

the power comes on smooth and very strong at the same time.:cool:

OK,
So basicly the turbo that you used is off of an older Trans-Am 301 torbo car.
(I only say 301 cause that is the only T/A that I remember w/ turbo.)

It is a very cool bike reguardless.

OK,
So basicly the turbo that you used is off of an older Trans-Am 301 torbo car.
(I only say 301 cause that is the only T/A that I remember w/ turbo.)

It is a very cool bike reguardless.

I dunno, I bought the turbo new from warner-ishi

and thanks

Detonation?

Turbo,
In '78 I bought a Turbo Regal & it had a computer that handled the timing issues really nicely... how r u controlling the spark?

BoB

Turbo,
In '78 I bought a Turbo Regal & it had a computer that handled the timing issues really nicely... how r u controlling the spark?

BoB

Thunderheart digital ignition, fully programmable, 3 dimensional maps so I'm able to create the map with my laptop and retard timing under full boost.

Thunderheart digital ignition, fully programmable, 3 dimensional maps so I'm able to create the map with my laptop and retard timing under full boost.

Turbo,
Very kool! And that coiled copper (?) tube from the turbo to the exhaust... a wastegate relief?

BoB

Turbo,
Very kool! And that coiled copper (?) tube from the turbo to the exhaust... a wastegate relief?

BoB

the coiled copper is an oil return line, it is a closed loop system with its own pump mounted lower left down tube, the coils provide for volume and heat dissipation.
The wastegate is internal and I have the exhaust flange troughed so it sends the blow off to the main exhaust pipe. it sounds wicked mean when your behind it and its wide open and then shut it down. My buddy wanted to race his $30k 110 C.I. SE billet and chrome penis and I blew him away like he was in reverse, he said when I went passed, it sounded like a jet on crack and when I shut it down, it sounded brutally mean with the blow off too.

Very very nice!

TurboDude,
All I have to say is *very* nice work. I loved my Turbo Regal & smoked lots of V-8's with it including my Dad's car... he wouldn't speak to me for a few days after that! There is nothin' like the sound of a turbo spoolin' up & the feeling of that awesome power boost. Have fun but... b carfull too!!! The roads r inhabited with *all* kinds of idiots!!!

BoB

the reason I turboed my harley is because of the fun I had with the SRT-4 25# boost and tons of other goodies = almost 500hp and 517 pounds of torque:eek:

Latest posts

Back