Dropping the EFI

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordMaximo

We call him King Maximo!
West Utah Desert under a big rock in a deep cave
My brother was growing tierd of my bike being a pig on the road, so he found a Mikuni carb for my bike just after Xmas. He picked it up for $99.45 on the Ebay, and I found an ECM for the carb series of my year. So now we are doing the opposite to most do to their bikes. I am removing the whole entire EFI set up and going to a carb on the '97 TCUI. I guess it will be an FLHTCU when I am finished with it. '97 was still in the first stages of the EFI set up HD was doing to their rides. It incorporated an Italian made/designed fuel injection system, which never ever went into a closed loop function like th enewer madels do now. So it was always prone to some sort of trash interference with the setup. It took me a couple days to find the right price on the module, and yes there are planty to be had out there on the market, only I wasn't going pay no $100+ to anyone for this item.
I found it for $25.00 with paid shipping, couldn't pass on the deal. I am still waiting for a Screaming Eagle unit to be placed at around $50, although I found a unit for $99.00 new. Still debating weather to go ahead purchase the SE unit along with the stock one. SO much for the hack :eek:

Maximo

Latest posts

Back