Which Bell housing and crossmember?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodGuyinCO

I'm planning out the drivetrain for my 29 Ford AA truck. I have a 239 8BA flattie in the garage along with a S-10 T-5 trans. I'll mount the flattie as per the Bishop/Tardel book. I can also build a stock style tranny crossmember for the T-5 at the rear. Here's the deal...I have 2 bell housings I can use. One is the stock passenger car bell with no extra lugs, indicating I don't need an extra crossmember. The other bell is from a truck which has lugs at the bottom which seem to be begging for yet another crossmember. Question. Can I get away with mounting this setup at just the motor and the rear of the trans, or do I need to use the truck bell and add a third crossmember? Also, since the stock AA frame doesn't have a k-member like the '32's, etc. do I need to add one (like, say, Speedway's/Shadow Rods kit), or what?
Further, who has the best (and easiest) adapter kit for flattie to T-5? Also, do I use the stock S-10 clutch and pressure plate, or what?
Thanks a bunch, Chris

Thanks!

I appreciate the info. I just want to make sure I do this right. I sure don't want to screw up this car with all the great info available available on this site. thanks a bunch, guys (and gals...)
Thanks,
Chris

Latest posts

Back