Popping out top dent?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

born loser

I have a 61 apache. The top has a pretty big dent in it like somebody pushed it in or sat on it.:confused:
My ?? is whats the best way to get it out? Looks like it would 'pop' out , if ya know what i mean.
Its not that big of an issue on this ol beater, but I'd like to get it out and dont know where to start.

Lay on the seat, put your feet on the dent and push!

That;s about what I'd do. Might want to remove the headliner if it's salvageable.

You have any pics of that truck? Those Apache's are the most monster lookin' trucks - one of my favorite body styles.

here it is as of oct. I got rid of the red...now the hood is bare metal. I want to strip off all the paint and wipe it down w/ GIBBS and just leave it bare metal.
2844115730053974798S425x425Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow! Didn't know those had steel lined roofs! Usually just peek in and gawk at the dash....

Thanks for the pic. So what color is the turn signal grill gonna be - bare metal also?

I've had success with heat and ice. Get the dented area very hot and immediately set ice on it. Dents usually mean stretched steel, the heat then cold helps shrink up the steel.

I've had the best luck getting that type of dent out by using a body spoon and hammer. You place the spoon right on top of the ridge and hit the back of the spoon with the hammer. You work your way all the way around the dent working slow not hitting to hard. Usually that will push the center of the dent back into place.

Keith

I've had the best luck getting that type of dent out by using a body spoon and hammer. You place the spoon right on top of the ridge and hit the back of the spoon with the hammer. You work your way all the way around the dent working slow not hitting to hard. Usually that will push the center of the dent back into place.

Keith

Keith has the professional answer. this is how real body men do is if their worth their salt. slow not hitting to hard is the key.

dent

take a dent puller and weld it to the center of the dent and pull up if you dont have a dent puller use a rod and weld it to it.

Latest posts

Back