Cheap, or Free Lapping Plate

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Canadian Rust Bucket
Scored a piece of granite I can use as a lapping plate. Need to true up a carb bowl or base, this will do it. The places that make granite counter tops have left over pieces. If your lucky, and ask how much for a scrap piece, you might hear what I did, "Don't worry about it, pick out the piece you want". The piece I got will still be 11" x 17" when I square it up.

Attachments

• Granite.jpg
    Granite.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 81
You can do the same with a thick piece of glass and wet & dry sand paper - - -I use glass plate to do my cylinder heads on my bike and other parts - oilpump body and plate,carb bowels.master cylinder for brakes. I lucked out and bought a leveling granite block from a machine shop that went out of biz.

You can do the same with a thick piece of glass and wet & dry sand paper - - -I use glass plate to do my cylinder heads on my bike and other parts - oilpump body and plate,carb bowels.master cylinder for brakes. I lucked out and bought a leveling granite block from a machine shop that went out of biz.

Thats what I use..

Latest posts

Back