8 inch Ford Rear Question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOT40ROD

I found this 8 Inch ford rear that is 58 inches flange to flange with 3:43 gear for my 40 ford. The guy wants $150.00 for it. Just wondering if thats a good price.

How would 3:43 work behind a C4 trans.

Thanks Bonehead

I was thinking it was strong enough for that car. I'm using a 302 with a mid cam and a C4.

I was just wondering the price. Its been awhile since I bought a 8 inch. I have a pile of 9 incher but none the right width except the Bronco rear I have under the Model T. I been looking some time for a 58 inch wide rear and so far thats the only one I found. Trying to find a Granada rear is next to impossible.

The funny thing is the guy told me it was under a chevy S-10 kind os unusual to hear of someone using them under a S-10

66-77 Bronco's are your best bet.
EDIT: just re-read that last post - guess you already knew about the Bronco 9's.

I ran an 8 inch in my coupe for years with a mild sbc. It took all the abuse I gave it and never gave me any problems. The price is fine for a comple rear that doesn't need to be rebuilt if you ask me.

Mavericks, Comets, Fairlanes (some) all have 8" rears. Pretty common around here. I know of about 5 or 6 around at local yards here recently. I paid $125 for my 8" from a Maverick.

The deal fell through. When I got there he told me he had an offer of 250.00 Which I think was ********. You post it for 150.00 why would someone offer more. I walked away from it.

Latest posts

Back