Shifter Fab Work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratcrazy

I am needing some ideas on how to fab up a shifter for a powerglide tranny because $$$'s are so few and far between lately I cant afford to purchase one.

If anyone has any ideas on how to build a safe shifter that won't pop out of gear or into Reverse or Park while motoring along I sure would appreciate any help out there.

Drawings needed if possible. Maybe something that is spring loaded and notched for safety.

Thanks in advance and God bless

OK since no one has any info on how to fab a shifter for a powerglide maybe someone knows what kind of cars and year used a 2 speed auto floor shifter?
Maybe I can go this route for a cheap price when a few extra bucks come along.
Thanks

shifter

maybee a chevell 65 64 with factory consoiul had a shifter, threw a lot of that stuff away
I built a lot of shifts with a linkage and light alum arm[no big heavy knob]
be sure to m run the pivot linkage on tranny down for correct pattern

whats a little risk to a nam vet???you seen worse than a misshiffinting shifter!!!
had some heavy shifter in stock car and they could move in a crash think i tied some down to stay in low
had a nice one in late model ,wood knob and just a flat arm with a bolt through it, had a converterless PG with a clutch petal to turn off the oil and this was 24 year ago, a little jerkey on take offs

Thanks eugene vik and welcome home bro.
Think I have come up with a design now to find time to get to making it. Theres a photo on KB someone posted in which I believe I can modify and make it spring loaded with some kind of slotted guide to make sure things stay where they suppose to......:D.

Still twiking my drawings before I start wasting materials.

When was you in country and what unit? E-mail me and visit Military.com. Good site for us old vets and young ones also:p

Latest posts

Back