Getting a driveshaft made/altered

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigIrish

I'm working on a Model A ratrod, going to use a 302 & c6 out of an old F150 and combining that with a 94 crown vic rear with disk brakes. I have the driveshaft from the F150, but not from the crown vic. The crown vic has a newer type yoke that bolts on to a flange on the input shaft, but I don't have the part that bolts on.

Question is: Will the driveshaft shop be able to supply this connection or do I have trek back to the junkyard and buy the whole driveshaft out of the crown vic for this part? Thanks!

Attachments

• CIMG2979[1].jpg
    CIMG2979[1].jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 36
You will have to get the rear half of the crown vic drive shaft, to fit the 8.8 rear end. Then they will be able to mate the two together. I have had several made like this pretty simple, but you end up needing 2 drive shafts.

OK thanks. I'll see how much the j-yard wants for the driveshaft and how much a shop would charge to provide it. Cheapest wins!

Truck shaft!

Irish,
Be sure to keep the driveshaft from the truck & I would get the driveshaft from the Vic. It'll make it easier in the long run IMO!

ISore

OK I got the driveshaft from the Vic - what a hassle dealing with these yards. They bent me over for it too ($100).

Not sure about where you guys live, but the junkyard biz is booming down here right now and they are totally unwilling to haggle. Alot of guys are hitting the yards to keep their beaters running for obvious economic reasons. Sucks for us.

Yeah I tried that. No dice. Called a couple of other yards, same story, "take the whole thing or...hold please.....hello, what choo want again?"

Latest posts

Back