cheap headliner and glove box

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niceguy12345

mine where rotten so this worked for me

Attachments

• m 011.jpg
    m 011.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 362
  • gb 001.jpg
    gb 001.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 304
I used a conferate flag as a headliner in a '79 Monte Carlo once, it was really cool, and alot of people liked it. I'm currantly looking for a flag with an iron cross to use as a headliner in my '38 Ford truck. If anybody knows where I can find one, please let me know!

Thanks for the link. Yeah, i'd seen that flag, but i'd rather have something more of a biker style than the german WW1 style. Almost all the iron cross flags i've found are reproductions of WW1 flags. Also, i'd rather not do business with a hate group, Don't know if you noticed, the link you gave is for a white supremacy group. I found an iron cross flag that is just a black cross on a solid white flag, but it's poor quality, the price says it all $4.99. I'm still looking for the right flag to use. If all else fails, good 'ol stars & stripes will do the job nicely, and easy to find.

Not to sound argumentitive or anything, but using an american flag as a headliner being disrespectfull is just a metter of opinion. I myself don't consider it to be disrespectfull, just the oposite acctually. I consider it to be showing my american pride. No differant than a stars and stripes paint job. Nobody thought it was disrespectfull when I used a conferdate flag as headliner before. There are plenty of people from the south who have strong feelings about confederate flags, and nobody said anything about it. The ideal thing would be to use one from 1938 since that is the year of the truck. I'm not sure how many stars were on the flag in '38, pretty sure it was less than 50.

Not to sound argumentitive or anything, but using an american flag as a headliner being disrespectfull is just a metter of opinion. I myself don't consider it to be disrespectfull, just the oposite acctually. I consider it to be showing my american pride. No differant than a stars and stripes paint job.

Your are 100% wrong here. Using an American flag as a headliner is totally different than a stars and stripes paint job because you are discussing use of the flag itself, not a representation of it's colors. This not NOT a "matter of opinion".

It is not only disrespectful to the flag, it is also illegal. Look up the United States Flag Code (4 US Code 1). Section 8 pertains to Respect for the Flag, with Paragraph (d) stating "The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free." It goes on in Paragragh (f) to state "The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling." I think that pretty much covers use as a "headliner".

It is great to have American pride, but don't do so with ignorance. Research what you are doing. A lot of people put their lives on the line for that flag, myself included, so next time think about what you are doing before you blurt out an argument...

I think this could best settled with the following example. I too have tremendous respect and reverence for the flag and all it represents and especially for the brave souls who perished in defense of our country under it. I would never abuse something I deem so important. However, I also know there are plenty of tapestries designed in the theme of the U.S. flag that aren't and were never intended to be "actual" U.S. flags. You can always use something like that. It's a tough call when we all have our own ideas about honoring our patriotism. Freedom of self expression and all that is supposed to be a right we have in this country. However and more importantly I feel we must respect the feelings of those who have unselfishly dedicated themselves past and present who have sworn their lives in defense of our flag and our freedom too. I appreciate your patriotism but patriotism also includes honoring the feelings of brave men and women who have a special connection to all our flag represents. Afterall, unlike civilians they are ones who swore themselves to honor and protect it so we need to honor that.

Just my humble opinion on the matter.

Thunder1

Well, guess I don't get a chance to argue my point. It is considered bad form to use any current flag (foreign, state, or otherwise) as other than a flag. And don't confuse a flag with a banner. A flag has an exact dimensions and layout. And the difference between a US flag and a Confederate flag is the Confederacy is a defunct entity - it may offend some to misuse it, but is generally not considered improper.

Here's a picture fo the headliner in my 50 Ford. Orang fur slip covers I found at the goodwill store for $3....I don't think anyone was offened;)
000_0004.jpg

Latest posts

Back