trans lines

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyrush2

WHATS UP.. i need some input on transmission lines really all i need to know
is.. would rubber hoses work and hold up as opose to the factory metal lines?

I am using a aux. tranny cooler, went to the junkyard and got the steel lines rebent them to fit my needs and used rubber powersteering hose to adapt it to the cooler mounted in front of the radiator hope this helps

Trans lines are'nt high pressure, so as long as you use a good quality heavy fuel line it will be o.k. For added protection get fuel line for fuel injected vehicles, it cost more but is rated for higher pressure:)

Don't------- I said Don't use fuel line.
ATF will swell it after a while.
Ya can't see it happenin from the out side.
Get Fluid line for oil. a few cents more a foot, but well worth it.
Ask me how I know after 40 + years of doin this stuff.

if you are going to use rubber lines make sure you clamp them good. And if your just gonna slip it over a steel line then clamp it you should flare the line before you slip it over. That will give you some extra grip.

In the past ive just gone to a hardware store and picked up some copper tubing. It flares real easy, and accepts brake fittings. Bends pretty easy too. On the truck im building now i have aluminum lines i got through speedway motors. Dont quote me on this, but i'll bet copper tubing from lowes is the same price or cheaper than the good rubber line you get from the autopart store. 10foot for $9 at Lowes.

If you go to your local parts house. They sell rubber trans fluid line.

Yeah, get the trans specific line. It is kind of spendy so make sure you get the correct length, you don't want to have to go back and buy a whole other section because you ended up being a few inches short:eek: Yes, I know this from experience:rolleyes:

i agree w/ da34guy do not use reg rubber fuel line hose (DON"T ask me how i know:rolleyes:) you can also buy the steel line w/ ends and bend it like brake lines-if ya want to get fancy.....
and the trans-correct rubber hose is more expensive-unless you figure in a burnt up trans from a swelled shut cheap rubber hose....

Latest posts

Back