rust

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grind it down to bare metal and soak it in salt water, or leave it outside. I heard of this chemical that artists use that will cause flash rusting, the name escapes me. CRS ya know

cant remember where but read that if you want quick rust to spray some buraic acid on it it will speed up the rust process and after you get the desired look you can stop or slow the rust with clear laquar.hope this helps a little.

This has probably been on here many times before but what are some good quick ways to make something rust?

Bring it to Ontario and drive it on our salty roads for one winter, that should to do. In fact, that might over do it, but you'll have your rust.:rolleyes:

This was a racing issue Oval Track rules won't letus run racing springs have to make them look used quick. But its not cheatin or anything.

I bought a GTX that was sanded down to bare metal. When I brought it home on a trailer to put it in my garage I couldn't do it by myself so I had to wait until morning. When I went outside the next day it was covered in surface rust thanks to our lovely state of Delaware.......CR:eek:

Latest posts

Back