Winter is just around the corner....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forbigpicture

Please stand by.......
Not mine just thought it was cool...what do most of you use for heat?

118352947_2753641778243284_3512896055097895888_n.jpg

Thumb's down was an accident....my bad

Well, not that I need one most of the time in the barn down here. And I just repurposed it for the heat source in my Kiln, but a small box stove that burns wood..
That is a cool idea! I like it...

I have a natural gas central heating system but since my house has a monumental status and 3mm thick glass windows ( the wind blows inside as much as outside...) I use a wood stove to get some heat in the place... a lot of wood :D

Attachments

• IMGP4157.jpg
    IMGP4157.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 25
Monitor heater in the shop, 200 US gallons lasted 3 years in Maine, keep it at 50 most of the time, can’t beat it for what I use it for. Homemade wood stove in the house, 4 to 5 cord a year.

Last edited:
Mini-split unit in the house. Keeps the place at 74F 24-7-365 for less than the old baseboard heaters cost to heat it in the winter. And they were never warm.

Four halogen lamps keep the shop at a decent "working" temp. Shop is well insulated. I have a window mount A/C that I could put in the shop for summer, but it seldom gets that bad.

The walls in my house and garage are 12" thick and made of Styrofoam blocks. Natural gas heats both. Not too expensive even in Minnesota winters.

Got propane radiant space heaters in the house. Shop is open on 3 sides, so not much use in having any heat out there. I do have a daisy head propane heater I will use when I have something I have to do out there, otherwise, I don’t do much in winter. Spring and fall are about the only times I do anything outside. My old body can’t take the heat and cold like it did when I was in my 20’s and 30’s.....

Radiant tube NG in the shop now. I used to try to heat it with wood but like the Doc said, insurance inspector wasn't fond of that. I only use it when I'm working, but that's most days so it really doesn't get terribly cold in between visits.

Wow a lot of response [cl[cl[cl I have a couple of wall mount NG heaters
it's pretty well insulated so even on our coldest days it rarely gets below
50% which is not to bad if you're working or busy:rolleyes: but if I'm just
watching the game or race with the boy's have to turn the heat on...

I have a natural gas central heating system but since my house has a monumental status and 3mm thick glass windows ( the wind blows inside as much as outside...) I use a wood stove to get some heat in the place... a lot of wood :D
attachment.php

Now that's a lot of wood :eek: it would take me all year just to cut it:D

The walls in my house and garage are 12" thick and made of Styrofoam blocks. Natural gas heats both. Not too expensive even in Minnesota winters.
Now that's the way to go !!! thinking of something similar if we ever move south...

Thanks for sharing guy's

95+ propane furnace in the house, 3 to 400 gal a year @ 1.50 a gallon.
Electric overhead furnace in the 30 x 60 shop kept at 60 degrees through the day. Surprisingly it only averages 100 bucks a month to heat the shop for 6 to 7 months a year.

I run a pellet stove. 2 ton of pellets it year to keep it 65°. doing more insulation coming soon

attachment.php

Now that's a lot of wood :eek: it would take me all year just to cut it:D

thats just a small portion in the picture... I ususally have a stash of 3000-3500 cubic FT stacked in several stages of drying. In my house I use 7-800 ft each winter but I have 5 lodges with stoves too and sell wood to holiday guests.
Most here are old oak and beech trees, 4ft minimum at the base... And yes it`s a bunch of work even if the trees drop next to the splitter... :D

Home heating oil and waste oil furnaces in garage/shop. No more drip stove after the fire. In the hose, home heating oil with forced hot water base board.most of the time. In the colder months I have a wood fired furnace tied into the system.

I'm ready for feet of snow! I bought a new winter toy, I cant wait!!

not mine but same bike!!

Attachments

• 5e8b4926d562881045bc3f3432210b5e.jpg
    5e8b4926d562881045bc3f3432210b5e.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back