yamaha rd350 liquid cooled ratty racer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

49F3rodder

I spend most of my spare time restoring/refurbishing vintage Japanese motorcycles, but this particular project may fit in here better than those. I came across a 1975 rd350 and an old road race fairing of a similar vintage. I couldn't bring myself to repaint the really cool period correct "patina", paint, gold leaf and stickers, so I am going to build the whole bike as a barn find style, but with all the mechanical stuff in tip top shape. I found a liquid cooled top end from a European model of the same bike, and im hoping to push 50+ hp on the rear hoop. Here is pretty much where she is at right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The link to pictures[S not working.
Try again please, i'm an old japanese builder as well and yours sounds interesting. [P

f3e254e230266d85eeb39ae8b5f5acd4.jpg

love it dmw. this whole project started when I bought an r5 motor, then moved on to finding a complete rd350... then a liquid top end, then chamers... and on and on it goes haha

Rd350

Here`s one I sold a couple of months ago....big mistake

Attachments

• old computer 768.jpg
    old computer 768.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 46
Will a Banshee top end work? Seems like that engine started life in the RD parts bin.

it can be made to work, but not without a good bit of machining. You are correct that the RD is the predecessor of the banshee motor, but there are some differences. mainly the head stud locations and some of the transfer ports

Latest posts

Back