Really??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone needs a good old fashioned butt kicking IMO! I lived in a neighborhood just like that when my kids were growing up, couldn't wait to move and did as soon as I could! HOA's have gotten out of control!

Toad

I lived in a crazy neighborhood like that too when my kids were growing up. If I left my garbage can out a lil too long on pickup day... a guy from about 6-7 houses down would come down & put it in my back yard... until... we had a lil 'talk'! Needless to say... he never did that again! I also had a ratty Beetle & another guy hassled me about that... same result! Never been real fond of neighbors!!! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

That's absolutely ridiculous and heavy-handed by the HOA. If he did zero bodywork and spray-painted the truck, I bet they wouldn't have a problem. This kind of stuff really annoys me.

That truck would be way too nice to park in my neighborhood.:eek:[ddd
The guy around the bend from me has buildings made out of pallets.:eek: :cool:
That's why I live where I do.:cool:
Torchie

That’s why I live out in the country, screw neighbors! I’ve got 9 acres of a 38 acre plot, family on both sides, highway in front, an old woman on the back side that doesn’t care about what everybody else is doing, got about a 100 ft wide strip of woods between our properties.

No way I’d ever live where there was a HOA, like DR C said, most are a bunch of NAZI’s trying to run everybody’s business. I paid for my property, I’ll do with it as I please. That is except some illegal things like growing weed and having a ho house!

No way I’d ever live where there was a HOA, like DR C said, most are a bunch of NAZI’s trying to run everybody’s business. I paid for my property, I’ll do with it as I please. That is except some illegal things like growing weed and having a ho house!

That's two of my area's biggest cash crops, Bama.
And I'm not even joking.:eek:
We have growers everywhere around me and at least a couple of places that just make you wonder sometimes.[S
Torchie

In the town where my daughter & son-in-law used to live, there is an antique & custom used car lot. It's one of the big draws for that town, but the "town fathers" got after the guy for having untagged cars outside. The really funny thing is that if you look up that town on google maps, the picture it shows to represent the town is ..... that guy's building, and an old police car.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Danville,+OH+43014/@40.4475643,-82.2601584,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipN4vu64Z_qfa1xJevg2w5Sr6bZqQLYU5ygmwa-F!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipN4vu64Z_qfa1xJevg2w5Sr6bZqQLYU5ygmwa-F%3Dw114-h86-k-no!7i4032!8i3024!4m5!3m4!1s0x8839d42d13361bb1:0xaf0c060ec63f680e!8m2!3d40.4475643!4d-82.2601584

In the town where my daughter & son-in-law used to live, there is an antique & custom used car lot. It's one of the big draws for that town, but the "town fathers" got after the guy for having untagged cars outside. The really funny thing is that if you look up that town on google maps, the picture it shows to represent the town is ..... that guy's building, and an old police car.

If he's a dealer, he just needs to put paper tags on them like the new car dealers do, new car dealers don't have tags on their cars!

iSore

We have an HOA but nobody enforces it. It quickly devolved into anarchy. Each lot is 2 1/2 acres and I planted 1,200 trees and bushes when I built the place. Got plenty of hiding places for parts, etc. No one can see a thing when driving by.

I live on a family compound. Two sisters and a brother. About ten acres each. When My Grand Mother broke it up for us I asked for the piece furthest from the road so nobody could squawk about my junk. I have neighbors on both sides. I can't see their houses. Behind me is a junk yard and I can't see it either. Only one guy complains a little and I ignore him and then we have target practice in the back yard and they are reminded to mind their own business.

That's two of my area's biggest cash crops, Bama.
And I'm not even joking.:eek:
We have growers everywhere around me and at least a couple of places that just make you wonder sometimes.[S
Torchie

I’m waiting for them to make growing legal here, then I may get in on the $$$$$ ! They just made medical marijuana legal this year, so it’s only a matter of time before recreational use is legal.

I’m waiting for them to make growing legal here, then I may get in on the $$$$$ ! They just made medical marijuana legal this year, so it’s only a matter of time before recreational use is legal.

My stupid state made it legal. What a dumb idea

My stupid state made it legal. What a dumb idea

It is becoming legal because the Gov. finally realized that they could never stop it so now they are going to cash in on making money.

It became legal here, but you can only grow 4 plants per household. That's much better than growing as much as you want but I still wish it wasn't legal. I absolutely hate the smell.

LOl. snopro. There are times in my area that you can be driving down the road and it smells like some one's in the car with you and they have a bag of weed.:eek:
Torchie

It is becoming legal because the Gov. finally realized that they could never stop it so now they are going to cash in on making money.

LOl. snopro. There are times in my area that you can be driving down the road and it smells like some one's in the car with you and they have a bag of weed.:eek:
Torchie

My neighbor two doors down is into this and much more... high octane methods of reality distortion. When the wind blows the wrong direction, I get the smells in my house if my windows are open. Part of the reason I dislike it :)

I don’t use it, never have, nothing against those that do. Just looking at all the money the legal growers are making makes it worthwhile to look into in the future.

Torchie is right, they couldn’t stop it, so they might as well make money off of it.

I don’t use it, never have, nothing against those that do. Just looking at all the money the legal growers are making makes it worthwhile to look into in the future.

Torchie is right, they couldn’t stop it, so they might as well make money off of it.

They were supposed to take the tax money and it put it towards schools around here. A lot of the schools have declined it. One of the Farms about an hour for me donated to a small town School District I think up a check up in front of them. I think it's absolutely dumb. But no reason for it

Latest posts

Back