3M Right Stuff sealant.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Recently I have become a real fan of 3M Right Stuff sealant. You can use it in place of a gasket and it makes a rubberized gasket of it's own. Lots of guys swear by it for intake manifold end seals, and we have been using it every place we can. On my Son's 455 Olds we forgot to put the paper gasket on the thermostat housing and only had Right Stuff on it. He has had a little seepage from around the housing since we got the car running a year ago using a gasket and permatex. But even forgetting the gasket it has not leaked a drop since we did the Right Stuff routine.

I am making a trophy for Billetproof in March and the one I made weighs a ton and is all steel. I needed some rubber feet at the base so I put some Right Stuff down, smoothed it out, and the next day I turned it over and it made a perfect set of feet to cushion the bottom. I can't recommend the stuff enough. It comes in an aerosol can much like a Cheese Whiz can and comes out in a bead.

On the 351 I am going to build for my Mustang I plan on using it everywhere I can, including water pump, timing cover, oil pan, intake end seals, etc.

Don

Yes, it is amazing stuff. We have also used it to install windows, fix a crack in an oil pan.

It also comes in small calking tubes, which is the way I buy it, I like it that way better than the can.

3M?

Or do you mean the Permatex 'Right Stuff'?
31mYYQGT5bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

"If its not right stuff....its the wrong stuff":D
Or as a buddy of mine once said, "Right stuff....that stuff can glue an elephant upside down":eek:

Latest posts

Back