Hello from Prescott AZ

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigR

Hi All,

I'm a retired guy from Kalifornia now located in Prescott, Arizona. Lots of other ex Kalifornia gearheads here also. I was able to find a house with a big separate garage for my toys and NO HOMEOWNER'S ASSOCIATION. Looking forward to doing some wrenching.

So far the people I have met here are very friendly, but not pushy. Lots of cruise nights and car shows during the spring and summer. No race tracks near so mostly people just take their toys out and sit around. I was hoping for more activity but it is fun to sit around and talk cars, for awhile at least.

Yes, I do have a vehicle to work on. It's a 544 Volvo, looks like a 48 Ford sedan. Had one 20 or so years ago and always wanted another. I have some ideas on where to go with it.

If there are any others in rat rod land nearby that actually work oon their own cars I would be happy to meet them.

John in Prescott.

Welcome from Central Tejas! My oldest brother had several 544's & my middle brother & I had a 122 coupe... loved that car & wish I had it back! Back then the Volvo commercials said... drive it like you hate it... & we did! Cars were wicked tough! Keep us in the loop!

Our rule is... no pictures... it didn't happen! :eek:[ddd:D

BoB

Hi Again,

Car is just your standard white Volvo, so far. Originally six volt, somebody converted it to a later B20 engine with alternator and Weber carb. I noticed there was no return spring on carb so I added a bracket and hooked one up.

Just a start; I'll be posting more pics as I work on the car more.

John in Prescott

Attachments

• spring carb 1.jpg
    spring carb 1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 11
Welcome from Northern Lower Michigan.
I've lost track of how many times I thought that I had found an old 46-48 Ford sitting out some where only to find it was a Volvo.:eek: [ddd :D
I would like to get a hold of one of those and give it the custom treatment.
Torchie

hello

im down in Tucson, AZ

im from San Diego, before joining the Air Force, DM was my last base and im staying here

forget SD, and all of the bs that comes from Cali, and the crazy prices for everything

I have a few projects im working on,
I only have a 2 car garage but im kind of making it work
I have a hoa, but that dont stop me,
just did the head gasket on my mini yesterday in my driveway

at some point I want to go to the Scottsdale car shows, but its a good drive for me away

car shows are huge in AZ,

nothing rusts out here

Welcome to UDS BigR. You'll find a lot of knowledge and problem solvers here.
One of my many projects is a 1957 444 with it's original B16 w/ dual HS4 SU's. And another current project is rebuilding a 72 B20 that powers my 87 Suzuki Samurai. Old Volvo engines are great little torque monsters.

Latest posts

Back