1965 Fargo 100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozerII

So this project is a special one, my best friend grew up in north central Alberta as a farm boy. Hard work and respect for others were instilled in him at a very young age. Sadly he lost his Father at far too young an age. On the farm they had a couple of 1965 Fargo's and whenever he see's one it brings back lots of fond memories. He told me if I ever saw a decent one in my travels to let him know because he would buy it.

Two years ago when I was looking for my first project, the yard sale I was at where I bought the Essex cab, they had a 1965 Dodge 100 for sale as well. I took some pictures and sent them to my Buddy and let him know the details. For some reason at that time in his very busy life he choice to pass on it. I knew he would regret this decision and called his wife, together we bought the truck and hid it from him till Christmas. Through the help of friends and their kids we pulled of a huge surprise for him on Christmas eve with the truck sitting in his garage.

Since then the truck has sat waiting for a plan which has come together. We have since found all the badges to make it a Fargo.

I know some of the brand loyal out there might not like out plan, but the Fargo is coming off its frame and going on a 1990 Chevy 1500 chassis. The Drive train from the Fargo is going in my Fast Four.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So now the disassembly is started the first order of business is to make the long box a short box.

Attachments

• Xmas 2015 007.jpg
    Xmas 2015 007.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 355
  • Resize of Fargo 012.JPG
    Resize of Fargo 012.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 353
  • Resize of Fargo 011.JPG
    Resize of Fargo 011.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 348
  • Resize of Fargo 010.JPG
    Resize of Fargo 010.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 355
  • Resize of Fargo 009.JPG
    Resize of Fargo 009.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 351
Good story, good project and a good friend you are! [cl

I know some of the brand loyal out there might not like our plan, but the Fargo is coming off its frame and going on a 1990 Chevy 1500 chassis.

I'm good with it.

Mac might have a coronary.

I also really like those '60's Mopar trucks, so much so that I have been collecting all things Polispheric [wide block 318, or slightly watered-down Hemi]. And you are throwing them away!! -----It'll take me a week to heal up from this nonsense.

Attachments

• IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 47
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I'm really looking forward to the project.

Mac sorry about not keeping it pure, but it's the only way to go on this build. And there is nothing getting thrown away. Like i said the power train is going in my Fast four, the frame is going in another project.

A buddy of mine in Washington has been trying to find a buyer for his '66 3/4-ton for a couple years. Been sitting for a few years, but it is still pretty good shape. Seems that in his neighborhood, everyone wants a perfect runner for next to free. :eek:

Here's the intake system that is going on a Poli 318 stolen out of a '66 Dodge truck to go in an old '34 Dodge Brothers pickup. [the red manifold]

Attachments

• IMG_1762.jpg
    IMG_1762.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 71
  • shop cars 118.jpg
    shop cars 118.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 51
A buddy of mine in Washington has been trying to find a buyer for his '66 3/4-ton for a couple years. Been sitting for a few years, but it is still pretty good shape. Seems that in his neighborhood, everyone wants a perfect runner for next to free. :eek:

I don't think it's just his neighbourhood :rolleyes:

Here's the intake system that is going on a Poli 318 stolen out of a '66 Dodge truck to go in an old '34 Dodge Brothers pickup. [the red manifold]

That's pretty cool.

Yesterday I got the cab and the drive train pulled of the Fargo chassis, no pictures cuz the weather turned real crappy even had pea size hail [S

That's going to be a great truck, and what a great surprise you were able to pull off!

As far as putting in on a Chevy frame, I just never have understood the level of brand loyalty where someone can't appreciate that a vehicle is running and driving, no matter which brand made the underpinnings and powertrain. This will be a cool one to watch, right on!

got some cool lookin' stuff in the background, any plans for the "junk".[S

Later :cool:

All the junk is for sale, just pulling it out of farm yards and saving it from the crusher.

That's going to be a great truck, and what a great surprise you were able to pull off!

As far as putting in on a Chevy frame, I just never have understood the level of brand loyalty where someone can't appreciate that a vehicle is running and driving, no matter which brand made the underpinnings and powertrain. This will be a cool one to watch, right on!

Thanks snopro

Brand loyalty doesn't mean anything to me. My 37 Dodge pu has a Ford front end with chevy brakes, s10 rear end, Buick straight 8 engine, 55 Plymouth dash and last but not least a Stude horn button!

Brand loyalty doesn't mean anything to me. My 37 Dodge pu has a Ford front end with chevy brakes, s10 rear end, Buick straight 8 engine, 55 Plymouth dash and last but not least a Stude horn button!

haha - no brand loyalty here either. Diamond T body, Dodge front end/engine/trans, GM rear end, Mitsubishi truck fuel tank, Chevy Deluxe horn button, and I am sure other brands in there too. Just NO Ford. hahaha. (kidding, there probably is somewhere)

people with brand loyalty should fly more, most jet engines are pratt/whiney, most propellers are hartzell, most avionics are rockwell, garmin, or honeywell.

I say dowhatchoolyke

Thanks everyone, Over the weekend I got the 46 International panel mounted on the Fargo frame. And yesterday got started on tearing down the 90 Chevy. Forgot to take a picture of the chassis without the box on it. Our winter is about to arrive, next weeks forecast is for highs of -9-10c..

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Fargo Frame 010.JPG
    Resize of Fargo Frame 010.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Resize of Fargo Frame 011.JPG
    Resize of Fargo Frame 011.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 121

Latest posts

Back