Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/index.php)
-   Builds! (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I'm Gonna Build A Dragster! (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7539)

Skip 07-23-2020 01:17 PM

Can I have your old useless worn out unsafe belts? :D I promise not to go racing in my next project. :D [ddd

old28 07-23-2020 02:21 PM

Well Bob, you new what his answer would be :(

Hope she runs good on the 2nd, have fun, stay safe in those "New Belts"

Are both you & Dave going to make a few passes?

Tripper 07-23-2020 03:18 PM

Only took my cars to the track a couple of times & had no clue seat belts expired... go figure! They don't expire for street racing do they... asking for a friend! [ddd

BoB

bob w 07-23-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripper (Post 535362)
Only took my cars to the track a couple of times & had no clue seat belts expired... go figure! They don't expire for street racing do they... asking for a friend! [ddd

BoB

If your car is quick enough to require a seat belt/shoulder harness, you must use a s.f.i. 16.1 assembly, properly installed. It needs to be replaced every two years. They are date coded when purchased. The theory is that UV rays degrade the material. Lots of people think it is simply a money grab. Some harnesses can be sent to the manufacturer to be rewebbed. But it costs almost as much as buying new.

The really fast street racers you see on cable TV all look to have pro built chassis with NHRA cages and safety equipment. Probably more important on the street where traction is sketchy and the roads are narrow.

bob w 07-24-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 535354)
Can I have your old useless worn out unsafe belts? :D I promise not to go racing in my next project. :D [ddd

Skip, I can send the old belts to you. I might have a couple sets around if anyone else wants a set. Maybe pay postage.

Skip 07-24-2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob w (Post 535394)
Skip, I can send the old belts to you. I might have a couple sets around if anyone else wants a set. Maybe pay postage.

Of course I was joking, but I would be delighted to accept your offer. My next project would look great with them. Happy to pay postage. I'll PM you.

old28 07-26-2020 12:29 PM

Bob, I sent you a PM ;)

bob w 07-26-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old28 (Post 535472)
Bob, I sent you a PM ;)

Tom, I didn't get it. You might have to try again.

old28 07-27-2020 11:57 AM

Bob, Sent another PM today.

bob w 08-11-2020 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In the never ending quest to go quicker, I took the center carb apart and ventured out to The Carb Shop. The owner is very experienced and gives free advice. Bought some jets two sizes richer because some of the plugs indicated it was a bit lean. We'll be running in two weeks so I'll fiddle with timing. Dave has his starting line technique perfected. We should get in the 11.20's. To break into the 10's it will probably require some head porting and a larger cam.