Florida Guys

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured you'd get through it OK, smallfoot. You're just that kind of guy. That said, I'm really glad you didn't take a really hard hit. Lots of firewood for next winter. Right? :D[cl

Yessir! 3 days to clear my driveway to the road. (fuel to run equipment not available) The absolute worst thing about the whole ordeal is that it would have been easier to make out for a week if the people in charge wouldn't have gotten people in a frenzy before the storm. Get this. We were out of gas locally 2 days prior to the storm landing here. They had 5 million people evacuating. Where to you might ask? My question exactly! For lots of them it was a big "OOOPS!!!" They ran from the east side to the west side. The storm took the west side. They ran back to the east side. Some of them ran all the way to Georgia. The storm went that way too. Now then, we have no gas, no ice, no food, no nuttin because all these lost souls are riding around like fools in a hurricane looking for shelter. They probably left good shelter to trade it for a road trip in unGodly conditions....

I hear ya'! No gas 2 days before it was supposed to hit, what the heck?! And, all the people loading up on water. Been here for over 20 years and have never lost drinking water service - ever! Plus, I have a pool. Lots of water there :p

So I will catch you guys up on my brother in Naples, Everyone is okay. Though with another one brewing.... nervous. Lost a lot of trees, and some shingles, but have been without electricity since. The emergency generator came on, but gave out after 6 hours. It is up and running again now. That lets the well pump work, so there is water. Wind hit 145 at his place, and they rode it out.

Don hasn't been on here or the HAMB for several months. There was just a thread over there inquiring about him. Nobody knew anything. Do you have contact information?

Latest posts

Back