53 ihc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, so I got the motor out, finally. several of my neighbors swung by to say hello while i was doing this. Lived here for 10 Years, and none of them have spoken to me yet. One of them asked what i was gonna do with the 6 cylinder. I asked if he wanted, and he said yes. Told him to load it up and haul it off. Runs good, but i have no use in the world for i-6s. next step is to clean up the engine bay.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
been awhile since my last update. alot going on in my life. Started going to church, thus living up to the name, and suddenly there went sundays. Serious marrage problems (wont get into it, but councelling and there goes most of saturday) still working 12 hour days, so no real time to work. Got back on it today.

Went to the bone yard and picked up a cross member for a ford. greasy, but perfect for my needs. started cleaning it up today. Also cutting out the old crossmember.

Came up with a design plan on the grill. The plan was always to make something that Ted Ornas would look at and say "hmm, i should have done that." (for you non IHC guys, Ted designed everything IHC from 1953 till the company quit building light trucks in 1980) I plan to pull out the center bar and replace it with black wire mesh. then put an IHC script emblem off a 60's loadstar buss in the middle of it.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 37
not a good pic, its raining and im way to close in it, but as mentioned earlier, cant exactly ask the wife for help taking pics. anyway, emblem where it will sit.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 37
and the new grill, looks better with the hood on though. I used some wire from lowes to make the backing, painted it flat black, and then suspended the emblem in the mesh. Argued with myself for awhile on whether i wanted it centered or at an angle on the passengers side centered won out.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 79
looking good rev.....

good to hear the sunday schedule i'm a promoter of that sorta thing ya know:D
hope your situation works out for the best......

if ya ever need a hotrod preacher's point of view/opinion/advice or whatever just shoot me a PM

chopped 2 inches (one off each end) of the salvage yard transmission crossmember. drilled new mounting holes. then started the custom shifting arm. This one im not so sure about how it will work, but the whole thing is gonna cost me less than $10 so its well worth a try. I'll post pics of that when I get it together, because im sure there will be 700 reasons why it shouldnt work.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 36
First off, Rev, you're from the "scrounge-and-build" school, just like me. I DIG grassroots car building.:cool:

I'm sorry to hear of your problems, marriage can be a rough ride at times. Hope everything works out, 'specially if kids are involved. They're most important.

Keep pluggin' away at that old truck. It may just be your sanity.[;)

Regards,
Shea:)

Ok, down time with the family. I went to Tractor supply and got matching International Harvester T-shirts for my daughter and myself. Have to keep her interested somehow.

She cant drive a standard, (and never will be able to, so I do what I can to keep her attention)

Attachments

• shirts.jpg
    shirts.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 76
Ok, got the wife involved. She painted the other three wheels. Didnt do much else today, just finished how i want the grill and put the hood on so I can see what she looks like. Oh and couldnt resist a pic of the Cherry bombs. They are even the right color.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 39
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 36
while waiting on my "friend" to show today, I got some small stuff done. He was supposed to be here at 7am, Its now 4:30 pm and the first rain we have had in months just hit. time to quit. anyway, a few of the things i finished while waiting on him. sanded and painted the crossmember. sanded alot of bondo off the front fender. worked some on the passenger side running board, mounted the wheels so I could see what they will look like, wrong tires, but the wheels look good. and went and bought some bolts.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 39
  • wheels on.jpg
    wheels on.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts

Back