36 Ford truck on Ranger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Doc, Buckshot is Steve Rutherford, the head dude. He has a brother that races a bit and a son James that races too.

Thanks, Mac. I was taking a shot in the dark, thinking Buckshot might correlate with Bukshy, a well-known race car (in western Canada) with a long history.

My photo from "Southwinds Raceway" 50th anniversary event 2016... Shirley more than coincidence, huh?

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0118 - bukshy.JPG
    IMG_0118 - bukshy.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 9
My mistake, Doc. It is Buckshy. I know him as Steve, so don't read his plates much.
He was making a falcon wagon 'sleeper' when I was there the other day. It has new 14" steel wheels, 'one inch wide white wall' tires, original paint, Coyote motor and a Tremec five speed. That car is going to be his cruiser, once he finds the dog-dish hubcaps.

Last edited:
What with living the life of a retired gentleman and other social occasions, I have not progressed much on the '36. One social adventure was a short trip away down into British Columbia to help my uncle celebrate his 100th birthday.
Anyway, I have put the transmission back into the '36, using my new transmission jack.
pic one is just starting the endeavor, still very confident that the jack will help speed the installation up.
pic two, is 'almost there; the easy part is done and the hard part, [the last inch and a half] is also in the bag.
pic three, is Uncle Keith and Aunt Pat, Janice and me having supper.

Attachments

• IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 19
  • WP_20191215_010.jpg
    WP_20191215_010.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 26
Thank you guys.
Yes, he is in good shape, vision, hearing and memory. As I was reading his letter of congratulation from Queen Elizabeth, Uncle Keith was telling me about the time in the War when the King, [Queen Elizabeth's father] came to talk to them. It was pouring rain in England, so the King didn't talk very long.

After sitting around today, healing up from a nasty tumble, skating, playing tag with the grandchildren, yesterday, I got out to the shop a wee bit and buttoned up some more stuff around the transmission.

Thanks Torchie.
The hurtin' couldn't have been too bad if it took a half a day of sitting around and some muscle cream to get me out into the shop and under the hoist again.
Those dang Grandchildren, skating around on the dugout, squealing with delight, as agile as cats, enticing their poor old Grandfather out there, to participate in their games.

We ain't as young as we used to be Grandpa! :D I do the same thing sometimes, and pay for it later!:rolleyes: We gotta learn there's some things we just can't do or do as well as we used too........:D

Lumps and ice go together like... ice and lumps.

I hope you fully recover (with no lingering effects) and you solve your clutch dilemma...

Doc, I think the new pressure plate will fix two things; the mismatched finger height causing chattering and the worn out pivot pins making a jingling sound unless I was riding the pedal.
I am paranoid with driveline angles now so I'm checking things out in this picture. There is supposed to be a red laser dot at the one inch mark on the tape measure, right at the bottom, but it doesn't show up. If you're worried about the transmission 'plum string' being a half an inch off plum, well, the front of the motor one is a half inch off plum too. Anyhow, I think I have the two laser beams, [the one going forward and the one going backwards], parallel.

Attachments

• IMG_2326.jpg
    IMG_2326.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 17
Doc, I think the new pressure plate will fix two things; the mismatched finger height causing chattering and the worn out pivot pins making a jingling sound unless I was riding the pedal.
I am paranoid with driveline angles now so I'm checking things out in this picture. There is supposed to be a red laser dot at the one inch mark on the tape measure, right at the bottom, but it doesn't show up. If you're worried about the transmission 'plum string' being a half an inch off plum, well, the front of the motor one is a half inch off plum too. Anyhow, I think I have the two laser beams, [the one going forward and the one going backwards], parallel.

Sounds good to me. :)

Latest posts

Back