Rusty Buchan's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments guys... I wana see how much of it i can save from the woods. There are lots of wrecks around here to pick from and so far im only in to this for 150 bucks in welding supplies and sheet metal. And i still have lots of material left. so far i only used 16 gauge.

Spent some time today at it the door and check out a color.
boredom006.jpg

boredom007.jpg

boredom008.jpg

boredom003.jpg

boredom009.jpg

Hoping on monday to start the drivers door and skin both at one time.
What do you guys think of the color?? Im thinking like a cream white fire wall and steel wheels

Like the color,
like the $ spent,
like the parts house, (the woods)
like the creativity,
like to see more.
[cl

theres stuff everywhere from the woods here. I can pretty much scrounge almsot everything i need.

heres a few pics of stuff im after finding in the woods.
late 20s studebaker... its an open style car
Picture028-1.jpg

Old beer truck
Picture008.jpg

old chevy panel
labourday035.jpg

rt aspen
hpim3858.jpg

moris minor i believe
PIC_0081.jpg

Thanks... I had some help and pointers from someone who does this stuff for a living... As for me this is my first time.

Btw 80's chevy truck roof skins are perfect door skins for model a's

this might be one of my new favorite threads! Very cool what you are doing I wish i could find some old wrecks to scrounge parts off of...

Looks like that 20's stude cowl can be the start to your next build!

That molson door skin would make some cool wall art in your shop!

That build that you are using as a reference is a very well done build.. i think its done now.. or at least close.. theres a tread for it over on a different site

Keep up the good work

this might be one of my new favorite threads! Very cool what you are doing I wish i could find some old wrecks to scrounge parts off of...

Looks like that 20's stude cowl can be the start to your next build!

That molson door skin would make some cool wall art in your shop!

That build that you are using as a reference is a very well done build.. i think its done now.. or at least close.. theres a tread for it over on a different site

Keep up the good work

The stude cowl is really rough compared to what i have. it can bearly support its self. We proped it up with sticks for the picture...

Thats kinda of the plan but im gona use the whole door. And i need to get the old style gas pedal off it to. once the snow goes.

Yeah i seen the build im part fo that site to but there totally different over there.

Absolutely love what you are doing and what you are saving (both money and parts)! [cl

Keep it going, really looking forward to more. [P

that rearend is a dana 44...same strength as an 8.5" 10 bolt chevy maybe a little more..
Posi's for em go for really cheap on ebay

I know what the rear end was... I know of a 80's ford woods truck that some one blew the motor and left there. When i found it last year all the alumium was broke off it by some scrapper and there was 9 inch with correct bolt pattern. Theres to much snow for me to get around with the quad and trailer but as soon as i can i will be getting that and start mocking up a chassis.

Today i broke down and spent $500 on a doner. so now this build owes me 750. I picked up a 77 cadilac hearse for $500 with a 500 cu engine and turbo 400. has 4 10's and posi/ dual exhaust. And a bunch of other do dads i can use sell trade. i will get some pictures tommrow in the day light.

Heres a few pics of the doner car.... Its full of skulls and has a full under glow kit on. Kinda creeps me out some one was crusing around in a pimp my ride hearse. It came with some cool seats that im gona use but i forgot to get pictures.
77cadilachearse011.jpg

77cadilachearse012.jpg

77cadilachearse003.jpg

77cadilachearse004.jpg

77cadilaccoffin002.jpg

Almost...
77cadilaccoffin004.jpg

77cadilaccoffin005.jpg

Kinda like a coffen
77cadilaccoffin013.jpg

77cadilaccoffin011.jpg

77cadilaccoffin012.jpg

And guessing why the chassis started cracking
77cadilaccoffin010.jpg

And to think Someone was driving this around all summer :S

Oh the carnage!!!!

Salvage that 4-link and the front suspension. Somebody will want those if you don't. I'd keep the tail lights too and even the wiring harness - at least for the lights and motor.

Oh the carnage!!!!

Salvage that 4-link and the front suspension. Somebody will want those if you don't. I'd keep the tail lights too and even the wiring harness - at least for the lights and motor.

It had to blocks with wires coming out of th fire wall one for the motor and one for everything else.I kept both ends for the engine one and gave the other one with the front clip.

All of it was rotted... Its kinda scary i used to see this thing driving around 4 months ago eek:

Latest posts

Back