1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks fellas. I sure like it

Is this one a keeper? Believe you'll be sick if you sell this one....,

the last one was a keeper. then I got bored and started working on this one almost immediately. then this one was the keeper. but I am already itchy (its not a rash or DTs) and I do have that nice 03 s10 donor and 49 GMC cab already... I always like solving problems more than having anything.

I shot some video last week and finally put it together. mrs joedoh went for a drive and liked it so much she kept going. normally its a short little drive so she can come back and give me the squawks to work, but there wasnt anything to complain about so she kept driving, she was gone almost 20 minutes! the footage of me driving is from last week, the rest today.

http://youtu.be/nrdIvz86A1M

I guess the youtube embed isnt working any longer either. used to be you just remove the s from https and paste the link with no wrap tags and it would embed.

thinking of either going to the benton airport fly in saturday or working on Wamego, the next project, a 49 GMC 1/2 ton. going a bit different on Wamego, thinking 20s and rubber bands and maybe even air ride. I have a whole ridetech S10 setup on the shelf, just needs bushings and one bag, and a set of MIC manuals. and some MMW longer uppers, and AIM longer lowers. hmm.

its a hit at the gas station, I had to ask people to move (nicely) to take a picture and I think I got proposed marriage. solid offer, maybe if he shaved his beard. you can see the rear is dropping with driving, already I am thinking a 1" block instead of 2".

IMG_0079 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0078 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

trying the video embed again, I may be the problem. incidentally I woudnt have bumped this if the edit button was still working haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrdIvz86A1M

I'm new here and have been catching up on builds..
I remember my first forklift too. Lifting everything I could get the forks under.
The truck turned out sweet. Glad you are enjoying driving it. I hope to be at that stage some day

well I am bowing to peer pressure. again.

first, the horns. I loved these lights on the roof and I even made them flash with the turn signals. but everyone asks: was/is this a big truck? ok fine, not everyone has my taste.

IMG_0331 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0332 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

next, the tailgate. after the 10th "is that safe?" comment I picked up a scrap chunk of 2" tube at the Yard. it was too shiny, so I mixed some salt in some vinegar (thanks skymangs) and left it outside in the sun/under the sprinkler for a couple days.

IMG_0330 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0333 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0336 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0338 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0353 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I also got tired of waiting for the rear to drop. I had the leafs dearched 4" but they settled at around 2. so I dug out some 2" angle blocks and stopped by atlas for some longer u bolts. luckily the s10 lower plates take 9/16th with no mods.

55320727237__D7545B0F-AF89-4F84-A910-7E359D8FD1D5 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

it looks perfect now, I am big on having it LOOK right and the back always looked too tall.

IMG_0352 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0347 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0346 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I still have this evening and tomorrow, I am thinking of adding bumpers.

I liked those roof lights too., maybe they'll find they're way back [S.
Nice tailgate fix, with salt-vinegar, sun-sprinkler treatment. [cl

x2 on the roof lights. I like them, as well as what they symbolized.
Your builds are inspiring and well documented. Cool video of a cool truck.

thanks guys. I ordered some seals and stuff to make it weather tight, and I am planning some door lettering. thinking either Wayne Moore Farms (the original owner), Baierl Chevrolet Truck Parts (grew up around there), City Dray and Transfer, or ???

Latest posts

Back