New guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoserhead57

Howdy,

My name is Kevin. I live in Arkansas (retired). Looking forward to building my first rat rod. I did some hot rodding on late 60s and early 70s muscle cars many moons ago. Can't afford those anymore. I am planning to build the frame and body myself and buy a drop axle with most of the goodies for it and also a limited slip rear axle (8.8 Ford?) I am in the process of mocking up the frame using lumber. Plan to use lumber for the body skeleton and card board for the body panels. Hoping to fine tune the body and frame dimensions in cheap materials and then start buying front and rear axles, wheels and tires and then build the frame and body. Already have an old 1969 472 Caddy (high compression) that so far looks to be in great shape and the Turbo 400 auto trans that was originally behind it. I figure to spend about 3 years to start to finish and keep the cost to around $9000.00. Trying to be realistic and stay under budget.

I found this web site while researching frame designs. I am here to learn from your experiences and share mine as well.

Anybody here live in or near Arkansas?

Thanks for letting me in,

Kevin

Welcome to the site :)
Sounds like you have a realistic budget.
Start a build thread so we can follow along and be sure to post a lot of pics.
There's a huge amount of talent on here that you can tap into.
[P[P[P

Welcome from Washington. Folks here are helpful and have much experience. Your project sounds terrific. Like the big Cad engine.
[P

Welcome from Central Tejas! Be careful... once that rust gets in your blood... there's no known cure!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Welcome from Southern Ont. Like the others have already said, there's lots of experience here, and everyone is willing to share....

Welcome from Rhode Island to the best car site on the web. Lots of helpful folks here. Sounds like you have a good plan. You can check out my frame mockup if you click on signature at the bottom of this reply.

Latest posts

Back