'29 Chevy RPU from junk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen this Anglia before, must have missed it. Is it a street/strip or street only? Great looking front end. What's the motor got in it?[/QUOTE]

It's a 355 sbc with flat top pistons, a tiny Edelbrock cam and World Sportsman II heads. I'll run an Air Gap intake and 600 Holley carb. Headman headers. A reliable street engine.

It has a Fat Man Mustang II front suspension and a Chris Alston back half With ladder bars, coil overs and a narrowed 9" rear from Currie.

I've had it about 40 years. Never raced it even though it has a full cage in it..

Bob, That is a great looking ride. Does it have an open style cage that will make it easier to get in & out of? With the fine front & rear setup it should handle great. This ones a keeper, correct?[cl

Yes, It's my easiest car to get in and out of. Rides good for a little critter too. The engine runs good. Made a somewhat aborted attempt to break in the cam. No matter what I did I couldn't get the Holley carb to run, hardly at all. Put a junk Edelbrock on it and it runs good. I thought I was pretty good with Holleys. Gonna get a HEI distributor and get rid of the Mallory points distributor and the MSD unit.

After fighting with the roadster I made the decision to tear out the 4 speed and put in an automatic. Just too little foot room to drive comfortably. Unfortunately I gave away the two automatic transmissions. Now trying to buy one back.

Attachments

• news 003.jpg
    news 003.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 48
  • news 002.jpg
    news 002.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 45
Well Bob that is a nice looking Anglia.Should make a great street machine that will give you some cover when going to meet the boys at the coffee shop when it is overcast. That 355 fits right in that engine bay. Shot a few pictures of the interior when you can, thanks.

Got to say that slant motor looks real fine in the roadster with a 2x2 plenum & those headers. Nice progress of both rides. Good health & stay well,[cl[;)[;)

After fighting with the roadster I made the decision to tear out the 4 speed and put in an automatic. Just too little foot room to drive comfortably. Unfortunately I gave away the two automatic transmissions. Now trying to buy one back.

That never fails, bob.:eek:
Surest way to need something is to give it away.[ddd
[P [P [P
Torchie

Put 'em togethr, Take 'em apart

Preparing for an automatic trans in the roadster. I took it apart today. Couldn't find a slant 6 trans anywhere locally so Monday I drive 4 hours into enemy territory, Green Bay (Packers), to pick up a good used unit. Kinda got the garage filled with projects. The dragster in out of sight in another corner. Mama's not too happy that there's no room for her minivan.

Attachments

• roadster apart 001.jpg
    roadster apart 001.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 36
  • roadster apart 002.jpg
    roadster apart 002.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 35
  • roadster apart 003.jpg
    roadster apart 003.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 39
Well you know the saying: If Mama's not happy, well you know the rest!!!!!

Time to pack projects together a bit. :eek::eek::eek:

That Bantam is looking great [dr

Lots of room on the driveway!

Just kidding. My wife gets a little cheesed when "her space" isn't open, especially in winter...

I was just thinking about that very thing as I watched the leaves start to turn and fall here, Crank.
Not sure I want mine out this winter like it was last winter.....
Back to you. bob.
[P [P [P
Torchie

She'll get her spot back shortly. That should make her happy, maybe...:rolleyes:

This roadster was supposed to be running this spring. First carb and brake problems, which aren't completely solved, and now the trans change. Might end up going with disc brakes. First I'll try a larger bore master cylinder. It'll be fun when done though.

I want to do a couple more projects before I hang up the welding mask. Another roadster with more left over parts and a real rear engine dragster, late 50's style with a 283 Chevy engine. A high revving one. Then I'll go read mystery novels on the porch.:D

Made a 560 mile round trip to pick up a used $50.00 Torqueflite (904) for the slant six. You'd a thought I could find one closer. This kind of stuff is drying up around here. Also, I wanted it now, not later.

I did see some interesting cars along the way including a half dozen speeders pulled over at different locations. They'll be enriching the Wisconsin treasury.

Latest posts

Back