What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent today with my friend and his MII rehab/refit mess.

Here's another piece of (previous owner's) handiwork... a shortened strut rod, properly spliced with a big friggin' nut and some "electric glue"...

attachment.php

Yikes:eek: it's amazing what some folks think is an acceptable modifacation[S

I'm about to blow things up!

I found out there is a problem with the transmission in my '56 Ford, leaking fluid all over the floor from the bellhousing end. I am really getting tired of having one problem after another and being too poor to fix them. :( On an up note, I got good news about out 4th Annual Steel Stampede... I posted in the Events forum.

Ive got the one thing wrong right after another syndrome too. I did get quite a bit done though, would have got more but kept making messes to clean up. My roll cage, (just for looks) is coming along pretty good even though the welder is acting up.

Attachments

• 20170326_114150.jpg
    20170326_114150.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20170326_085418.jpg
    20170326_085418.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170326_123219.jpg
    20170326_123219.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 18
Got nothing done on my stuff. I pulled the water pump on my friends Duster and that turned into a broken bolt in the timing chain cover which turned into pulling it all down to repalce the cover and let him touch up the paint.

Today I have some work this monring then put the Duster back together tonight.

Thanks guys. We're excited. It's a modest house 10 miles from the gulf coast. We will be using it for a winter retreat, 3-4 months a year. If we like it, eventually we would relocate full time. The house only has a single car garage, but there's room for expansion. Lots of expansion.:D

Hey Congrats Bob! Me, I been busy working on tractors....scored a new doner motor that I'll post on later. Went in with a buddy on a compact Kubota, frontend loader, bush hog, box blade. Proof meter only shows 668 hours...I spent the day putting some teeth on the loader bucket and replacing a rusted out seat bottom with new metal and basically checking the tractor over. Fell into a steal and couldn't pass it up. 4000

Went to Florida. Looked at the house. Wasn't good. Must be trick photography. Got my money back. Came home with a cold. Decided to abandon the Willys station wagon project so I cut the body up with zip wheels and a sawzall so I can haul it to the scrap metal yard.

Went to Florida. Looked at the house. Wasn't good. Must be trick photography. Got my money back. Came home with a cold. Decided to abandon the Willys station wagon project so I cut the body up with zip wheels and a sawzall so I can haul it to the scrap metal yard.

lol.... that`s pretty radical... sounds like me :D

The wife and I attended a fundraiser for a sick friend yesterday. (Bad situation. I won't go any further on the subject. :()

The above friend lives in a small town, 90 minutes from my door. We have another (mutual) friend (Bill) in the same small town, whom we also spent some time with. Long story short, the event was well attended and a number of us wound up at Bill's place. [ddd

Bill's shop and Willys...

attachment.php

... his Styleline project..

attachment.php

... his GMC (on a Ramcharger chassis) and his '37 Cornbinder on a C10 chassis...

attachment.php

... another friend's chopped '37 Chevy...

attachment.php

attachment.php

It was a good day, all things considered.

Today, I worked with another friend and his '37 Chevy coupe project. (I promise I'll start a build thread, sooner or later!)

Attachments

• IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0163.JPG
    IMG_0163.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0160.JPG
    IMG_0160.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 60
Nothing picture-worthy but I've been getting a lot of little things done to the 59 F250. I cleaned 40 years of beer cans, dirt and baler twin out of the back yesterday. Hat to put a new glass in the drivers door, the old cracked one fell in 2 or three pieces. A window that rolls down is a must so I can go through the coffee drive up and flirt with the young girls.

Nothing picture-worthy but I've been getting a lot of little things done to the 59 F250. I cleaned 40 years of beer cans, dirt and baler twin out of the back yesterday. Hat to put a new glass in the drivers door, the old cracked one fell in 2 or three pieces. A window that rolls down is a must so I can go through the coffee drive up and flirt with the young girls.

Priorities.

My ADD was in full force over the weekend... worked in the shop on 4 different projects at the same time! So what's new! :D:eek:[;)

BoB

Attachments

• add.jpg
    add.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back