1985 mini cooper

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mirror by joa kwin, on Flickr

my older brother hooked me up with some old mirrors that he had laying around, they have some surface rust on them but that will come off pretty easy, plus I plan on painting the mirrors satin black

they are stock Harley Davidson mirrors, flipped from one side to the other

headlights by joa kwin, on Flickr

spent most of Saturday doing some wiring

headlights ie lo/high beam, running lights, turn signals/hazards, led spot lights, tail lights

I still have to mod the factory spot light wiring,
when I hit the high beam, the spot lights turn off, their is a mod I can do to make them turn on with the running lights on, or make them turn on whenever

so I have alittle more wiring to do

and I have a rear fog light and reverse light that I want to add on as well,
the wiring for the back up is already wired up, but the rear fog light, I have to wire that up from scratch

https://www.7ent.com/products/lamp-reverse-msa1116.html

https://www.7ent.com/products/fog-lamp-rear-msa1115.html?FromWishList=74397

and I still need to wire up the plate lights,

im thinking about getting some of those bolts with lights in them, wire the pair up and that should clean up the boot lid

my headlights are wipac h4 upgrades over the seam beam units, they look dim

I ordered another turn signal light cover

boot hinges by joa kwin, on Flickr

boot hinges 2 by joa kwin, on Flickr

fully adjustable hinges, I can adjust the gap and how deep the boot lid pushing on the boot seal

its taking shape now, just have to connect the two halfs together and shave the old boot hinge holes
the reason for the hinges on top like I did was so that the new hinges wont mess with the way the boot seal presses up on the boot lid

I got the AZ level 2 inspection done on the mini today

the mini will have collectors car insurance on it starting tomorrow

and tomorrow morning im going to the dmv to get a new sticker on the car
I could have done it today but I waited so that it would have a Nov sticker vs oct , seeing how its the end of Oct right now

I got the carpet on the floor installed into the car
all the windows are in
I found my mk1 mini/metro floor mats

today was fun at the dmv getting the car inspected by Tpd,
the history of the motor was very shocking, I will tell that later

mk1 mmetro floor mat by joa kwin, on Flickr

crank pulley by joa kwin, on Flickr

1st drive with the new AZ plates on the car

maybe the car didn't like the new numbers on the plate

took me 1 hr to get the inspection done, and then another 1hr 30 mins to get the reg done, so I just took whatever plate number they gave me because I wanted to leave at the time

I still need to go back and have the original UK numbers put on a AZ plate

I was around the corner from my house and was able to drive back home on battery power

today I rebuilt the exhaust again, I dont even know how many times I have done it on this car

but I rebuilt it into the same shape as I had before but with smaller dia pipe and more mufflers

I had a stage 1 mini rc40 twin box exhaust system, that I got brand new back in 2009 or so when I still had the A-series mini engine in the car

I never used it, its been sitting in the box since

so I modified it to quiet the car down, but I made the exhaust short so it should have good flow but not be crazy loud

dont want the cops to pull me over for a donation to them

exhaust painted by joa kwin, on Flickr

exhaust by joa kwin, on Flickr

turns out the over heating problem the engine has is from a cracked head

so im going to find me a used head and swap this sucker out in the next few weeks

Latest posts

Back