The Roofus Special

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite mock-up day..... I need to get this feeling back.

I also mocked up a set of model A hood sides. They might be louver donors...not sure.

IMG_0216-2.jpg

IMG_0215-2.jpg

IMG_0217-1.jpg

I didn't take it off of the table, but I did the next best thing. I made my daughter climb on the table.

IMG_0182-1.jpg

It's a sleek LITTLE car!
IMG_0232.jpg

Yay!![cl[cl[cl[cl

I think I'm 5 years into a 2 year build on my Datsun...we all can't be fast like BobW...:D

Yay!![cl[cl[cl[cl

I think I'm 5 years into a 2 year build on my Datsun...we all can't be fast like BobW...:D

Lol I'm right there with you on that... Mine was going to take a year maybe two tops!

It was shaping up to be a cool ride... I'm sure the "feeling" will come back

Last night, dad called me about Roofus. He was all excited about a boat tail that he saw somewhere and wanted to know when I was gonna get back on it.

well......... ????

what did you tell him, when you getting back at it?

It is really hard to stay find motivation/stay motivated. I really don't hang around any other car people. I have tried convincing my daughter to be my car buddy and that hasn't gone so well.

I will get back on it someday. I still think it is one of the coolest car projects that I have ever seen. The people on this board seem to "get it", but a lot of people can't seem to comprehend sacrificing a jag to build a car that was never a car.

Well, it looks like we have finally paid off enough debt that I can start planning a backyard shop. It will be nice not to have to drive 250 miles to go play.

Hopefully Roofus will be an active project again.

Latest posts

Back