Hello from KY

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheeper

Hey fellas,

My name is Brian, everyone calls me Sheeper and I’ve lived in Elizabethtown Kentucky for 2 years , originally from Washington state.

Anyway, I’m new to the Rat rod scene, I’ve owned many classic cars through the years, just recently sold my 64 Chevy II Nova, great show car etc.
I really wanted to try my hand at a rat rod just for the simple fact i don’t gave to be perfect on every detail, I think it will be fun.
However I’ve been looking around and is there a good platform to start from for my first go?
I’m a Chevy guy so that would be the only thing specific I would start with.

Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the site.
Lots of great help here if you need it.
For a first build I'd stay away from the 36 back Chevy/GM because there's a lot of wood in them. Mid 36 up they went to all metal.
Unless you're good at fab work then, jump in.

welcome

sometime a abandoned project or some thing along those line is good start,

the swap meet l was at in centrelia had a very well built rat frame complete with every thing done but a body for for 3K.

Later :cool:

Welcome from Central Tejas!!! :D

sometime a abandoned project or some thing along those line is good start,

the swap meet l was at in centrelia had a very well built rat frame complete with every thing done but a body for for 3K.

What Skull said!!! [cl

BoB

Welcome Brian! You are very close to Beech Bend...you should attend one of the Hot Rod Reunions. Lots of stuff to look at for ideas and purchase. :)

Welcome form SoCal [cl
Where to start[S
I recommend looking around to get some ideas. Roadster type full fender, no fender, coup, sedan, truck and let your imagination to go town.
As said there lots folks here to give advise and help. The only really lax rule is looks of pictures. [P

Welcome Sheeper. Lots of good platforms to start with. Anything particular interest you. [S. [P

Kind of thinking of 30’s Chevy platform for a traditional style but it’s few and far between so I might start looking at 50’s early 60’s Chevy trucks which I’ve seen lately and seem to look pretty good

Latest posts

Back