1985 mini cooper

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haro fst frame by joa kwin, on Flickr

I went back to my parents house and they had this bmx in the back yard

turns out its a prototype haro bmx bike from 1983-84, it came in all white

over the years the bike had some parts changed out on it,
pretty much everything on this frame, if its not haro its gt parts

im building this bmx frame up for my kids

I sanded the frame and handle bars down to raw metal to repaint

im in the process of sanding the front forks right now

looks super great with the new wheels man.

have you been to BMXmuseum with your rare find yet? I bought a whole giant box of bmx stuff at a yard sale with like 6 frames for $20. I was only interested in the 81 mongoose frame (with the shrooms sticker!) but there was a bunch of weird stuff in the box, peregrine 48s, silver underdog dia compe brake and some power bite cranks for a team GT. the only GT frame in the lot was a blue one that had seen better days. the guys told me to look inside the fork tubes for hot pink and sure enough! turns out the serial number came back as a real team tour bike that the sponsored rider lived in kansas and had ordered it special with spokes instead of mags, and silver brakes instead of white, and a two piece front gear instead of the GT wings one piece. the BMXmuseum guys figured it out, one of them bought it (for a lot more than $20!) and restored it and sent me picture, I will have to dig for it!

anyway, I was a bmx nut in the 80s, western PA so my single speed thighs were HUGE

looks super great with the new wheels man.

have you been to BMXmuseum with your rare find yet? I bought a whole giant box of bmx stuff at a yard sale with like 6 frames for $20. I was only interested in the 81 mongoose frame (with the shrooms sticker!) but there was a bunch of weird stuff in the box, peregrine 48s, silver underdog dia compe brake and some power bite cranks for a team GT. the only GT frame in the lot was a blue one that had seen better days. the guys told me to look inside the fork tubes for hot pink and sure enough! turns out the serial number came back as a real team tour bike that the sponsored rider lived in kansas and had ordered it special with spokes instead of mags, and silver brakes instead of white, and a two piece front gear instead of the GT wings one piece. the BMXmuseum guys figured it out, one of them bought it (for a lot more than $20!) and restored it and sent me picture, I will have to dig for it!

anyway, I was a bmx nut in the 80s, western PA so my single speed thighs were HUGE

I go on that site and search
not a member of it
but it has a lot of info about bmx bicycles

video-1530744794 by joa kwin, on Flickr

helped my brother put cams into his 88 twin cam fxr,
I think they are 542 cams
and then he has some 96 heads on it with high flow valves

1st start up after getting the motor back together

the wheels are from a Sturgis

he says it should be making around 90 hp

the next step for this motor is to turn it into a 96 cu inch

outside in the sun by joa kwin, on Flickr

took the car outside to get a good view of it and to turn it around to work on the right rear fender and rear roll pan

radiator mount 2 by joa kwin, on Flickr

I made a new radiator mount, I put a hole in the alloy rad I had, so I changed to a stock style radiator thats alittle wider then the alloy rad I had

so I had to make new lower and top mounts

I haven't made a e-fan mount yet, I have a 10 inch e-fan but I was thinking about going with a 12 or 14 inch, but I haven't ordered it yet
so I cant run the car to long without a fan

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/tls/6688316949.html

I'm in the process of buying this tool, I'm having my brother and dad pick it up for me, and then I will drive out to San Diego in a few weeks to bring it home to Tucson AZ

I was looking at a sieg x2, but I think this machine is alittle bit bigger and stronger, and it looks to be in pretty good shape

I dont know much about mills, but I plan to use this to learn, have to start somewhere

Latest posts

Back