Bed liner question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainbow lungs

What do you all think is the best brushable bed liner on the market?

I want to do my interior floor with some.

Have read good reviews on Herculiner.

What's everyone think?

Thanks Lungs

You want a two part because they dry faster and are more durable. We used one made by PPG on the undersides of my Son's rpu, but we sprayed it with a special gun they sell for it. It came out great. Not sure if it is brushable though.

Don

I did the top of a a 29 sedan with herculiner[ 3 coats] it works great.
I also did a metal bed in my 1938 chevy pickup and it has held up really well also. I put it on in coats and rather thick

Now that I think about it, I believe it was Gator Guard bedliner that we used on the bottom of Dan' car, not a PPG product. He is not home to ask, but I am pretty sure that was it. According to what I just read on line, Gator Guard is brushable.

Here is the job we did on the bottom of his rpu body. Should last forever and easy to keep clean too.

Don

dansundercoating.jpg

I brushed on Herculiner in the bed of my 68. One coat , but needs another. So far its been holding up very well with all the hauling that ive been doing.

I sold several of the herculiner kits when i was working for napa, and never had any complaints about it. I also worked at a restoration shop that used it as an undercoat on some restorations, but it was sprayed on. It's pretty decent stuff in my opinion.

I used Duplicolor bed liner on the '53 in my Avatar on the top and bottom of the floor.
I liked that brake fluid didn't affect it when I was bleeding the brakes and the clutch.

I rolled (with a 3 foam roller) and brushed it. I didn't have a gun that would shoot it. It all got covered with insulation and carpet so the brush and roller marks don't show. (It looked nothing like the one in Don's photo) It dried in a couple hours and would set up in the roller tray fast enough to be a bit of a pain if you didn't get it laid down pretty quick.

Don't know if it is the best, but it worked well for that purpose.

Last edited:
I have used herculiner and UPOL as well, I use the herculiner on interior floors with the roller, works fine. I also have used the two part UPOL kit with the included spray gun really nice stuff and I am sure it is more durable for outside exposure. I will continue to use the UPOL on the undersides of my projects just because it looks nicer, herculiner is fine for the interior floors.

Latest posts

Back