How's your weather????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a typical winter in my native land of Michigans Keweenaw peninsula.:eek: :cool:
I took Mrs T there once in hopes of getting her to move.
2 mistakes.
First one.*It was in the middle of winter.
Second one. Answering her question when she asked me why all the houses had doors on the second floor that opened onto nothing.:eek: [ddd
As we were coming onto Copper Harbor I told her."It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.":eek::p [ddd
Suffice to say we didn't move....
Torchie

That looks like a typical winter in my native land of Michigans Keweenaw peninsula.:eek: :cool:
I took Mrs T there once in hopes of getting her to move.
2 mistakes.
First one.*It was in the middle of winter.
Second one. Answering her question when she asked me why all the houses had doors on the second floor that opened onto nothing.:eek: [ddd
As we were coming onto Copper Harbor I told her."It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.":eek::p [ddd
Suffice to say we didn't move....
Torchie

OK. You give your location as Northern Michigan. Where the hell is that and how did you get Mrs T to move to wherever you are now? [S [S :D

This day, March 4 - Winnipeg MB 1966

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

We have only have had one close to that since I've been around. It 1978. I was 14. Same year we had a major Ice storm and were with out power for The longest time. I think it was about 2 weeks. I drove the Farmall Cub with the PTO generator up and done our road to get friends and relatives water and to keep the freezers cold. I didn't get an allowance though.

OK. You give your location as Northern Michigan. Where the hell is that and how did you get Mrs T to move to wherever you are now? [S [S :D

Well Crank.
There is Northern Michigan. And then there is the real Northern Michigan.:D
I live in the northern part of the Mitten part of Michigan. About a hour south of the Big Mac bridge that connects the lower part of the state to the Upper Penninsula.
All of my ancestors came from Poland but one half went to the UP to work in the copper mines.
The other half went to the Detroit area to work in the new growing Auto industry.
Where I live is mostly just a tourist area now(Except for my road.:D)
Lots of lakes so in the summer our population goes crazy.
Mrs T's parents had a cottage in the area so she spent part of the time up here already.
We average about 160 inches of snow a year. (Not this year). Where I took Mrs.T (The Keweenaw) averages around 320? inches of snow a year.:eek:
Plus, at the time I took her that area had not yet become gentrified like it has now. It was like going back in time 100 years. Which is what I loved about it. :)
Torchie

Well Crank.
There is Northern Michigan. And then there is the real Northern Michigan.:D
I live in the northern part of the Mitten part of Michigan. About a hour south of the Big Mac bridge that connects the lower part of the state to the Upper Penninsula.
All of my ancestors came from Poland but one half went to the UP to work in the copper mines.
The other half went to the Detroit area to work in the new growing Auto industry.
Where I live is mostly just a tourist area now(Except for my road.:D)
Lots of lakes so in the summer our population goes crazy.
Mrs T's parents had a cottage in the area so she spent part of the time up here already.
We average about 160 inches of snow a year. (Not this year). Where I took Mrs.T (The Keweenaw) averages around 320? inches of snow a year.:eek:
Plus, at the time I took her that area had not yet become gentrified like it has now. It was like going back in time 100 years. Which is what I loved about it. :)
Torchie

Thanks for the explanations and geography lesson, Torchie. (Your description makes it perfectly clear.) [cl

Latest posts

Back