TBT... Throwback Thursday!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Doc., my brother must have had to jump through some hoops to pull it off. Around here they auction them off. The town is so small they probably didn't collect enough abandoned cars to have an auction.

Too bad you couldn't collect that bubble top. What a prize.

They do the same here, or they used to, second Saturday of every month. I actually went to the next two city auctions and the car wasn't there. :confused:

More colour slides

South Fork SK '55

attachment.php

Saskatoon SK '46

attachment.php

S'toon '48

attachment.php

S'toon '59

attachment.php

Swift Current SK '44 - My grandparents lived in "Speedy Creek" and a family friend owned this store through the '60s, '70s and '80s. I spent plenty of time there as a kid and it's still there today as far as I know...

attachment.php

SC again '45

attachment.php

SC '46

attachment.php

SC '47

attachment.php

Attachments

• vin south fork 55.jpg
    vin south fork 55.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 96
  • vin stoon 46.jpg
    vin stoon 46.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 95
  • vin stoon 48.jpg
    vin stoon 48.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 95
  • vin stoon 59.jpg
    vin stoon 59.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 96
  • vin swift 44.jpg
    vin swift 44.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 95
  • vin swift 45.jpg
    vin swift 45.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 94
  • vin swift 46.jpg
    vin swift 46.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 93
  • vin swift 47.jpg
    vin swift 47.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 92
Was all that land always treeless?
The pics from the mid-late 40's are when I was a youngster. Even though the scenery is different, it stirs memories that are both pleasant and melancholy. I loved those years, spending summers on my grandfather's farm. Oblivious to the problems that adulthood brings.

Thank you Doc. for posting all these great scenes.

LOTS of bald prairie here, Bob. This is Great Plains territory and you might recall my story about a whirlwind tour we took to Columbia Missouri (and back) several years ago. I called it, "2600 miles of nothing." :p

Pictures are my pleasure. :D

The pics from the mid-late 40's are when I was a youngster. Even though the scenery is different, it stirs memories that are both pleasant and melancholy. I loved those years, spending summers on my grandfather's farm. Oblivious to the problems that adulthood brings.

Yes thanks Doc. It also brought back great memories of going to the livestock
markets with my grandfather, I so looked forward to that.

My ol' 55, fuzzy Polaroid about 1977

attachment.php

Another Polaroid about 1978 just after it's first paint job and with the new one piece 'glas front end my buddy made for me. Sneaking around on the streets with no headlights and M&H slicks [ddd

attachment.php

Last rebuild and repaint around 2002, made a new short box, 8 point cage and a tube straight axle.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mid 55 a.jpg
    mid 55 a.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 68
  • mid 55 5 a.jpg
    mid 55 5 a.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 69
  • yellow 55 a5a.jpg
    yellow 55 a5a.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 70
My ol' 55, fuzzy Polaroid about 1977

attachment.php

Another Polaroid about 1978 just after it's first paint job and with the new one piece 'glas front end my buddy made for me. Sneaking around on the streets with no headlights and M&H slicks [ddd

attachment.php

Last rebuild and repaint around 2002, made a new short box, 8 point cage and a tube straight axle.

attachment.php

So is that a different 55 than the one that became the Chevole'?

Wow Doc., we have some similarities. My Grandparents had a store too. It was only twelve miles south of 'the end of the steel', [railroad]. The railroad moved on in the mid twenties and that was a few years before Grandad built the store and started making a village. He had 'homesteaded' right along a trade trail that the Indians used, so Grandad started trading furs and selling groceries and everything else. Here's a picture of the store that my sister painted and here's Grandad Watts.

Attachments

• Pipestone Creek Store.jpg
    Pipestone Creek Store.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Granddad Watts with beer.jpg
    Granddad Watts with beer.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back