1941 Ford truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasselyn29

Started build on new truck like we need another one. Big truck front sheet metal so it's going to be ugly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 103
Truck

Built mustang 11 front crossmember from Texas plasma kit, built top hats think it will work. Z in rear frame.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 85
41 truck

Front part of floors working on cowl and cab mounts.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 73
That might be me Skip, as I am opinionated.
Kass, you're right to think the '41 pickup grille is the best looking, and the big truck one is mediocre. But, the big truck head lights are still up on little stands on top of the fenders, and that makes up for the slightly uncooler grille.
You will end up with a very nice looking hotrod. Carry on.
Oh, a little while ago Dr. Crank was checking out his newly acquired 'partly done and abandoned' project, when he discovered that the top hats were welded on in the wrong place so he could not adjust the caster and camber enough for the wheel alignment. As I read this complaint, fear seized me and I ran out to the shop and checked my freshly bought project, and sure enough my top hats were in the wrong place too. Please, make sure you can easily get 3* positive camber before you weld your top hats on.

Last edited:
1941 truck

Thanks for the tips top hats looked like trouble already, opened up the adjustment slots, as far as head light a friend found me some from a 39 ford think they will work ok. Will try to keep updated work on truck is slow at best.

Thanks for the tips top hats looked like trouble already, opened up the adjustment slots, as far as head light a friend found me some from a 39 ford think they will work ok. Will try to keep updated work on truck is slow at best.
39 Ford truck headlights, I presume. The innards can be converted to standard seal beam bulbs with 67 or later VW Bug inserts. They are an almost perfect fit, and offer fine adjustment that the original didn't. There used to be aftermarket units made for early Ford bullets, but sadly they are no more.

Have fun.

41 truck

Thanks for the tip on head lights all I will be getting this weekend I hope is the buckets and fender stantions.

Kass, I just realized that I led you astray back there when I said 'put your top hats where you can get 3* positive camber', I meant 3* positive caster, and maybe 1* positive camber. Sorry about that.

Update

looks like a lot of cool builds going on needed some motivation been checking them all out. Some progress on truck found a drive shaft that will work, steering and brake pedal mocked up, also radiator and ac condenser in the works. Brake lines and then body off chassis to work out all the last details.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 41
Also rear shocks and thinking about rear body and fenders.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 60
Update

Working on rear body found a Holmes wrecker for the back. Lots of welding to do, then front fenders on to plan for running boards.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts

Back