quartet elliptic springs up front

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikes686

i am wondering about running quarter elliptic springs up front on my 46 dodge 1/2 ton. she has parallel springs right now and i am curious if anyone else has done this to set the front end out in front of the engine. it probably would be a kind of suicide front end but with q.e. springs instead of a transverse set up.

It really wouldn't be "kind of a suicide front end" just a stretched out wheel base and in my opinion probably a safer one. You'll have two mounting points from the frame to the axle vs. a transverse set-up which only has one. If one should fail the other will help support your ride until you come to a stop. Plus it looks cool too. It may be difficult to locate shocks from your frame to the axle depending how long you extend the front end and how nice you want it to look.

My truck is setup with 4 quarter eliptical springs up front. I would still call it a suicide front end. Simple fact is if there is a failure you are going for a ride just like any suicde front end. I do not run shocks and mine travels fine down the road. I have to be on a really bad road to tell.

WillysTorqueFest.jpg

BSW

I just wanted to bump this one up front again. Any more pics of q-e front ends out there. Thanks all, just preparing for thursday. I am thankful for each and everyone of you. Even torchman

curious. do you still have to run trailing arms or the spring location settle that issue. just run a panhard bar. i have a mono leaf setup off a drag car wondering if that would work

brake lines?

I'm running a quarter elliptic setup and getting ready to run my brake lines.
How did you run the brake lines on your rig BSW??
Do you have really long flexible hoses?

Latest posts

Back