What the...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
It's no secret I don't like coming back to the big city but I have to 3 or 4 times a year! I was in Houston today & saw this on the Katy Frwy! WHAT THE...

BoB

Attachments

• tow.jpg
    tow.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 48
Yikes!

A car cut across my son in law's bow this afternoon and took his front fender with him. Had to chase him down.

Hit and run is the new thing now. No one takes responsibilities. People hit and kill people and drive off. How can you live with yourself? Jim

I see that a lot Tripper. Also see the convoys of one car or pickup pulling two more. Most of the time they are wrecks. They are going to Latin America somewhere. They hit the car lots and insurance yards buying, then they show up, usually 6-8 Hispanic men in a van, armed with tow bars, chains, straps, whatever they need to hook them up. Have seen them buy school busses, fill them up with bicycles and household goods, and tow bar a couple together and hit the road! Have also seen them buy a flatbed truck, and put a car in the body of a van truck and put the van truck up on the flatbed! They never cross the truck scales, and I’ve never seen the law harass them.

Their favorites seem to be imports....Toyota, Nissan, Honda, although I have seen them with some Ford’s and Chevys.

I know we got off topic, but... up here they buy a school bus and go to the thrift stores and buy all the shoes. Fill the bus and head for Central America.

Since I moved back here in '85 from Pasadena (Stinkadena to the locals), I don't miss that stuff down there at all.

I see that a lot Tripper. Also see the convoys of one car or pickup pulling two more. Most of the time they are wrecks. They are going to Latin America somewhere. They hit the car lots and insurance yards buying, then they show up, usually 6-8 Hispanic men in a van, armed with tow bars, chains, straps, whatever they need to hook them up. Have seen them buy school busses, fill them up with bicycles and household goods, and tow bar a couple together and hit the road! Have also seen them buy a flatbed truck, and put a car in the body of a van truck and put the van truck up on the flatbed! They never cross the truck scales, and I’ve never seen the law harass them.

Their favorites seem to be imports....Toyota, Nissan, Honda, although I have seen them with some Ford’s and Chevys.

When I lived in Houston I used to see those 3-4 car caravans headed for south of the border. Scared me no end & I kept a wide berth! Couldn't understood why the cops never hassled them... I got pulled over several times for not using my blinker!

BoB

Wow, I haven't witnessed any of this behaviour any of the many times I've been to Houston. That car in the box truck is crazy!

Something that I saw down there that we would never see up here is the guys hanging around the Home Depot parking lots looking for work for the day. That's pretty wild.

I live on the road to the wrecking yards and steel recycle places. I see a lot of strange operations rolling by my front yard.

A lot of people are just trying to survive these days. Things are a lot worse in Central and South America, than they are in the US and Canada. I suspect the local law is looking the other way, because they just want it all to go away. There is nothing to gain by stopping it, other than a little highway safety.

Latest posts

Back