‘52 Willys Pick Up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, you two work quick!

This is a cool project, and so great to see that she's involved :D

I can't say that the patina does anything for me as it is. I'm with Mrs. Pops, make it look good. :p

She usually just checks out the progress now and then when i'm building something. I kinda like having someone to talk to..

All these years...[ddd
All it took was finding one that interested her.[cl :D :cool::cool:
[P [P [P
Torchie

Her Dad had an old Willlys Jeep when she was a kid and she has always said she wanted one but when she saw this truck she really wanted it so here we are. I like the flat fender look too.

Pops, they made 4wd with automatics in them, thus my suggestion for a Grand Cherokee donor. That inline six in them is bulletproof, and the transmissions are overdrive. The front and rear would be about the right width I’m thinking, too.

But like you said, let the Mrs decide, it’s her ride.

If I was rich (you know how that goes?) I'd find a 4 door Jeep JK like the one in my garage and put this body on it. They are both 118" wheel base then we would have all the goodies.

Willys has a 2wd version of this truck a couple years before this one.
She wants to keep the look and roll on.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm

I didn't realize there is that much difference in the axle width on a Willys Pickup. I thought it was a typo but I checked it and the tape don't lie. That's 6 1/2" !

Attachments

• InkedIMG-0886_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG-0886_LI.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 25
Brides Willys

We got the drive train out. Any one need a 72 hp 48-50 mph drive train?
Engine-clutch-transfer case with hi-lo unit.
Will trade for 350/350TH Chevy combo.:eek:[ddd

And I thought we had a truck that didn't need patch panels. Nothing serious.
I wonder if she can weld? Her Dad had a welding shop in Texas for 35 years.

Her pace is slowing down so I think we'll take a day or two off and I'll replant the pasture so the cows have something to eat..

Attachments

• IMG-0887-2.jpg
    IMG-0887-2.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-0892.jpg
    IMG-0892.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-0895.jpg
    IMG-0895.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-0894.jpg
    IMG-0894.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
We got the drive train out. Any one need a 72 hp 48-50 mph drive train?
Engine-clutch-transfer case with hi-lo unit.
Will trade for 350/350TH Chevy combo.:eek:[ddd

And I thought we had a truck that didn't need patch panels. Nothing serious.
I wonder if she can weld? Her Dad had a welding shop in Texas for 35 years.

Her pace is slowing down so I think we'll take a day or two off and I'll replant the pasture so the cows have something to eat..

Those aren't rot holes. If a 3 year old kid can't fall through it, it still passes inspection around here.[ddd[ddd

Good progress Pops, I think a nice 5.7 Hemi/ Aod transplant would be awesome. Must be some cheap donors in your neck of the woods.

I Just bought a 1992 Dodge Dakota complete with a blown up V6 for $800. Disc brakes, rack and pinion steering , aod trans. and air. Plus that will eliminate the frame work other than shortening it a tad. Pick it up tomorrow.

That will give me everything I need to do this deal except the engine. And I just happen to have a 5.9 Magnum (360) sitting in my shop that I was going to build a 408 Stroker for a friend. I called him and his wife said no way on the Stroker motor money.(FUN HATER!!!!)

I spent 3 hours getting measurements and checking it out and it all seems like it will fit except the wheel base difference of 6" longer than the Willys.

Those aren't rot holes. If a 3 year old kid can't fall through it, it still passes inspection around here.[ddd[ddd

Now that's funny. Really not bad at all. I "asked" my wife to get that tar paper off and then I'll show her how to fix them and find out if she can weld!!

Tell her if she can spread butter with a dull knife she can weld. Cheat a little and use a copper backer behind what she is working on and she will gain a lot of confidence.[P[P

Tell her if she can spread butter with a dull knife she can weld. Cheat a little and use a copper backer behind what she is working on and she will gain a lot of confidence.[P[P

So much for her welding, She told me I would have to handle the welding and she would continue doing my laundry, keeping the house clean and preparing my meals. HOW THE HECK DO I ARGUE WITH THAT? :eek:[S

Girls do weld [;)

And some do it really well!
I hired a young Navajo lady that claimed she could weld when I had my Heavy equipment repair shop. Not only could she weld, she could weld circles around any other welder I've ever hired.

What she couldn't do was show up every day especially after pay day. I was told she could drink as well as she could weld.

Donor.....

Picked up our donor truck yesterday.

Not sure my bride is to excited about having to strip it but she does like the idea of not having to buy so many parts to get her Willys on the road. Not to mention the time it will save.

Attachments

• IMG-0900.jpg
    IMG-0900.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-0901.jpg
    IMG-0901.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-0902.jpg
    IMG-0902.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-0903.jpg
    IMG-0903.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 41
Picked up our donor truck yesterday.

Not sure my bride is to excited about having to strip it but she does like the idea of not having to buy so many parts to get her Willys on the road. Not to mention the time it will save.

Hahahahahaha, my wife is the same way!!!!

Latest posts

Back