New from Los Angeles

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDK

Hey, I forgot to do my little introduction thing...

Anyhow, I have been doing car stuff since I was 15, when my dad told me I could have his old VW bug that was buried under weeds in the yard, if I could get it running. So I turned it into a baja bug. Then I got into Z cars, and built a bunch of custom street racers. I have built a few off-road trucks and sandrails as well. I had a old Porsche 928s, which was a pain in the ass to maintain. I have always loved hot rods, but until recently, I was always under the impression that they were very expensive to build. But the whole rat rod thing has made me realize I could build a pretty bad ass car, without all the custom paint, expensive bodywork and interior, etc. Plus I recently learned how to weld, so I feel more comfortable with doing some of the minor fabrication work myself. Anyhow, I wanted to get a car with a well-built frame, because I don't trust my own design and welding skills for the critical components. So I bought a 50% completed car, where they built the frame, and the body was already chopped, etc. But it has no driveshaft, no brakes, no steering, no gas tank or fuel lines, no electrical, etc. Over the next 6 months to a year I hope to complete the engine, interior, and all the other stuff. Then work on cosmetic enhancements, body modifications, etc. I figure finishing someone else's project will be a good starting place. Once I get this one successfully rolling down the road, I may undertake a ground-up build.

This is the beast:

I will post more photos later.

Attachments

• RP21.jpg
    RP21.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 4
It has a big block in it now, and I am trying to decide if I want to leave it hoodless, or put some front-end sheet metal on it... Also trying to figure out what to do with the exhaust. I was going to do some kind of tractor stacks, straight up, but people told me I might get carbon monoxide poisoning if they are in front of the cab. Might go with some straight zoomies out to the side instead. Will probably depend somewhat on what I decide to do with the front sheet metal. Part of me wants to keep it open in the front, but it might look cool to have maybe a 1958 Chevy truck front on it, with the dual lights. If I leave it open, I need to figure out what kind of grill shell would look good on there. It would need to be pretty small/low, because the truck is so low...

I think it looks pretty cool,a set of stacks would be ok but a wild set of home made pipes would look way cool, it's the beast,the beast should have a big set of pipes .................:D

Latest posts

Back